Join one of the largest renewable owners, operators and developers in the U.S., delivering innovative, renewable power solutions that accelerate the world towards a sustainable, low-carbon future. With current U.S. assets under management valued at $20 billion and over 190 utility-scale renewable energy generating facilities located across 34 states, Brookfield Renewable U.S. offers a multitude of career opportunities. Our dynamic organization is focused on our mission to optimize and drive value across our renewable energy portfolio, advancing the transition to a sustainable, clean energy future. Our value also extends well beyond the clean energy we produce. From our extensive renewable power fleet we make positive economic, social and environmental impacts in the communities where we live and work.
Brookfield Renewable U.S. attracts high-performing individuals who are driven to make an impact in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We encourage collaboration across all levels of experience to promote learning, generate best ideas, and deliver quality results, with the aim for growth and career development. We offer unparalleled opportunity to lead and manage one of the largest renewable energy businesses with decades of history, while contributing to the global need for sustainable energy
Manager, Valuations – Brookfield Renewable US
Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, the Manager, Valuations is responsible for the modelling and preparation of fair value financial information for Brookfield Renewable. This individual is part of a collaborative team of professionals that work closely together, and will provide financial modelling, analysis, and insights into business growth oriented strategic initiatives including the assessment of contracting opportunities for our renewable generation fleet, in addition to modelling and preparation of fair value financial information for in support of quarterly and annual financial reporting obligations under IFRS and U.S. GAAP. This position is based in our Gatineau office.
- Develop financial models, including discounted cash flow models, for Brookfield Renewable Power’s US portfolio of generating assets;
- Develop and review financial models for strategic initiatives to support business growth;
- Prepare sensitivities and conduct scenario analysis;
- Assist in the preparation of organized presentations targeted at senior management;
- Liaise and collaborate with a broad range of cross-functional subject matter experts to obtain valuation assumptions and assess impacts;
- Provide ad hoc support to other groups within Brookfield Renewable.
- Solid analytical skills with strong attention to detail;
- Experience in asset and business valuation;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Ability to synthesize and conceptualize complex ideas and translate them into financial models;
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative;
- Able to meet multiple objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment;
- Ability to work independently;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (financial modelling) and MS PowerPoint (presentations);
- Strong Knowledge of accounting rules such as IFRS is considered an asset.
- Undergraduate/Graduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or Mathematics;
- Professional designation (CPA, CFA or ABV) or in the process of attaining, would be an asset;
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a managerial role;
- Experience in power & utilities is considered an asset.
International Financial Reporting Standards
Discounted Cash Flow
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles