JOB TITLE Payroll Specialist
REPORTING TO Payroll Supervisor
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore Deepwater drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across 5 continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities. Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Diversity and inclusion are more than words for us. Everyone is welcome—as an inclusive workplace, our people are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. We continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our people. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we operate in.
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for completion of weekly/biweekly/monthly payrolls in a timely and accurate manner. As a senior member of the team, the Payroll Specialist will drive increased productivity and compliance through process improvements, standardization and simplification with external partners and businesses. The Payroll Specialist will support the payroll administrators additionally as required, deputizing for the payroll supervisor if needed
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
• To always put the employee / customer first in our delivery of excellent service
• Own and be responsible for processing International Expatriate Payrolls in one or several countries
• Ensure that assigned payrolls meet the compliance & regulatory requirements in the respective countries
• Calculate End of Service Benefits as per local country regulations
• Responsible for collecting, processing, and analysing monthly expense claims, Timesheets in accordance with internal policies and procedures
• Reconcile Oracle HR Interface file with supporting documents
• Ensure payroll processes are always carried out as per our SOX Audit controls
• Promptly respond to employee queries within agreed timescales
• Review and approve payrolls processed by vendor
• Prepare monthly reconciliations for Payroll Taxes, Bank Statements, and other Statutory employee deductions
• Maintain regular correspondence and good relations with internal and external stakeholders
• Data Accuracy, Eye for Detail and Confidentiality are a MUST!
• Be a Role Model and a back-up for the supervisor/team when others are on leave
• Look for & drive continuous improvements in the process with the aim of streamlining & automating payroll in line with the industry best practices.
• Review & document end to end process across data processing and payroll through to payment - process flows & detailed work instructions.
• Support processes in readiness and support global RFP in 2023.
• Build standard templates for payroll data requests including external audits.
• Own & be responsible to ensure the process documents are continuously updated as changes are made to the process.
SAFETY AT SEADRILL
Our goal is to ensure that ‘nobody gets hurt’ whilst performing their job. Everyone at Seadrill has a part to play in meeting our safety commitment.
Through strong leadership and personal responsibility from all employees, we take a systematic approach to identifying, managing and preventing the hazards involved in our day to day operations. Nothing is more important to us than the health, safety and security of our workforce and the communities in which we operate and behaving responsibly towards our shared environment. We are vigilant, disciplined and always looking out for one another. We have developed and embedded a strong safety culture onshore and offshore, fostered by all employees, who each have a personal responsibility and the authority to put an immediate stop to the job if they believe it to be unsafe. Everyone at Seadrill is accountable for helping to build this culture of care.
SEADRILL BEHAVIORAL FRAMEWORK
In Seadrill, setting the standard is not just about what we deliver, but how we deliver it.
We co-created our Behavioural Framework with our employees, where we identified four key competencies that define our culture and help us to live our values. Our behaviours are embedded in the way we work and support and guide us day to day:
Drive & Ownership
Change & Forward Thinking
Communication & Collaboration
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• You have a minimum of six (6) years of experience in managing Payrolls, with at least 5 years in international (non GCC) payroll roles, with knowledge of best practices – Prior experience in either US/UK payrolls preferred
• You have experience with working in complex multi country & expat payrolls
• You are proficient in working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Outlook)
• You have prior experience/exposure in creating process documentation such as process maps & work instructions or equivalent.
• You have excellent communication and organizational skills
• You can prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines.
• You can effectively manage multiple tasks/projects
• Work effectively with management and employees at all levels
• You have a solid understanding of work processes and systems
• Position requires a high degree of professionalism, sound judgment, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• You have prior experience in working & implementing changes in Oil & Gas industry
• You can speak/read additional languages – Spanish and/or Portuguese
• You have worked within a shared service environment
• You have previously been involved in an RFP or transformation project.
• You have prior exposure to coaching/supervising people in a formal or informal arrangement.
• You have experience of working with HR Information Systems and Shared Services tools such as Case Management, telephony, electronic document management systems. Oracle experience would be an advantage
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor Level certificate in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
• Professional Payroll Certification (CPP or similar)
We value our people and want to retain them. So, we offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Administration
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Process Mapping