EMCOR Services New England Mechanical (NEMSI) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. We offer a complete package of facilities services, including including HVAC, mechanical and electrical construction services, engineering, design, installation, repair and maintenance.
Job Title: -- Welder (Pipe)
Job Summary: --Seeking a CT G-8 Pipe Welder for our South Windsor, CT Construction Group . This opportunity requires a self-motivated individual proficient in stick and tig welding.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Determine the appropriate welding equipment and methods based on project requirements.
• Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded.
• Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions such as vertical, horizontal or overhead.
• Additional duties may include: daily setup and cleanup, cutting, grinding, material handling, plate/structure welding, and aiding in the installation of non-welded systems (e.g. Victaulic, ProPress, Aquatherm, etc).
• Maintain daily communication with your direct supervisor, project manager and field personnel. Take direction from construction manager, project foreman, and /or lead pipefitter.
• Load and unload tools and materials.
• Maintain assigned tools and issued safety equipment.
• Follow all policies as outlined in the company handbook and safety documentation.
• Monitor jobsite to ensure a safe work environment and report any safety violations to safety supervisor.
• Enter time worked daily and submit timesheet weekly.
• Overtime or varied shift work hours may be required.
Qualifications: MUST be a CT G-8 Certified Pipe Welder
• Ability to weld to B31.1 Standard required.
• Previous experience welding on mechanical systems required (e.g. chilled & hot water systems, steam & condensate systems).
• Previous use of electrical and manual tools required (e.g. saws, squares, grinders, etc.)
• Previous experience in Carbon Steel MIG and Stainless Steel TIG welding preferred.
• Proficiency in Carbon Steel Stick Welding 6010/7018
• 3 years of experience required.
• Tool Requirements: personal shield, metal rod bucket, chipping hammer, file, sleeves, gloves, stinger, personal protection equipment, 4.5” grinder, tape, channel locks, crescent and other basic hand tools. Basic hand tools are required, all others will be provided.
• General Requirements: ability to operate a forklift or other heavy equipment pending proper equipment certification provided by company.
• Physical Requirements: ability to perform additional physical activities that require considerable use of limbs and appendages such as climbing, lifting, reaching above shoulders, balancing, walking, stooping, and kneeling. Ability to lift, move and handle 80lbs tools or materials. Ability to climb and work from ladders, aerial lifts, or scaffolding. Ability to work in tight spaces or uneven terrain. Ability to work in environmental conditions that range from working outdoors during all seasons, indoor office environments, and utility plants.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including PTO and 401k with match, and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Shielded Metal Arc Welding
Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
Metal Inert Gas (Mig) Welding
Pipe (Fluid Conveyance)