Jacobs provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
Independently perform installation, maintenance, modification, refurbishment, cleaning, troubleshooting, repair, adjustment, calibration, verification, certification, checkout, and operation ofvarious fixed systems mechanical, electromechanical, hydraulic, water, pneumatic, lubrication systems, including machine shop equipment and related equipment such as piping, valves, gauges, regulators, compressors, pumps, gears, structural assemblies, systems, sub-systems and other mechanical devices or components and other related equipment.
Operate fixed or mobile equipment or systems used to receive, store, treat, transfer and deliver various liquids, gases and solid commodities, hazardous waste materials or other contaminated liquids. Perform piping and tubing installation on existing systems and equipment. Operate engines and equipment.
Work from written, electronic or verbal instructions, blueprints, diagrams, schematics, vendor manuals and applicable specifications and codes.
Conduct functional and operational tests of refurbished, repaired and modified systems, equipment and components.
Perform preventative maintenance inspections as required.
Obtain measurements, field dimensions and other related information necessary to complete assigned tasks.
Maintain logs, records, charts, etc., as required
Maintain certifications, licenses, permits, etc., required for performance of assigned tasks.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
HS Diploma or equivalent and five (5) years related experience.
- Requires rounded training and experience acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Should have general knowledge of AC/DC electrical theory; methods of measurement (tool metrology) pertaining to calibration of facilities equipment; electrical power distribution equipment; mechanical components; fluid power components; and mathematical calculations as it relates to problem solving and troubleshooting the preceding components.
- Knowledge of hand tools, power tools, lifts, and precision measuring and testing equipment is required.
- Must work well in a team environment and interface well with the client.
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must possess or have ability to obtain a Class D motor vehicle license.
- Duties may include the handling of hazardous waste and transportation of hazardous waste (if qualified).
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to distinguish between colors (ex: blue and green wires)
- Ability to comply with safety policies and compliances
- Ability to use limbs with 90% range
- Must use safety protective equipment where required
- Legal ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Must be able to climb ladders, towers and stairs
- May require physical exertion in climbing, lifting, squatting, crawling, carrying, or critical work in cramped quarters.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
- Fieldwork can be a combination of inside and outside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- Work among equipment and stations in support of launches or stand-by.
- Position requires daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
Equipment and Machines
- Use mechanical test equipment, instruments, measuring devices, handling equipment and shop tools necessary to perform assigned tasks such as crimpers, hydraulic and hand binders, torque wrenches, micrometers, calipers and other associated equipment.
- Operate vehicles and other types of equipment required for completion of assigned tasks.
- Operate computer terminals, personal computers, and related computer peripheral equipment to maintain/adjust database logs and records, print documents and record work performance.
- Personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, laser printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies.
- Work assignments are normally 8 hours shifts, 5 consecutive days per week
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Occasional overtime, sometimes with short notice, is required to meet demanding schedule
Other Essential Functions
- If offered a position, proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident/Green Card hold of the United States is required.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Ability to obtain certifications required for facility maintenance.
- Requires the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and managers.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Must pass a federal background investigation.
- Must pass all applicable physicals required for this position.
These essential functions may be amended prior to an offer of employment.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]