Our nuclear sector client has a 6-month contract opportunity for an Electrical Site Supervisor to work on site at AWE, Aldermaston.
The role exists in order to fulfil CNL responsibilities under CDM 2015 for the control and supervision of the EC&I installation on AWE Burghfield site.
The Electrical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that activities (e.g. audits) are undertaken to supervise electrical installation/maintenance activities for the MENSA project, establish the implementation status of the above arrangements and the reporting of such information.
The Site Electrical Supervisor will also undertake specific activities on behalf of the Electrical function as required.
Key Result Areas:
• Minimum ONC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering preferred or approved apprenticeship (or equivalent City & Guilds)
• NVQ 3 in Electrical engineering (or related subject)
• IET wiring Regulations BS7671 (IEE 17th Edition) trained (18th Edition desirable)
• Interpret and implement the current requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Regulations (BS7671)
• IOSH Managing Safely
• CSCS/ECS Card in appropriate discipline (mandatory)
• Site Supervisor Safety Training Course (SSTSC)
• NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
• 10 years Electrical experience, preferably 5 of which as Foreman/Supervisor, and 3 of these on site, -covering Installation/Maintenance topics
• Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation
• Interpret and work to Electrical Diagrams and Cable Cards
• Experience of working in a highly regulated industry
• Minimum security clearance of SC is required on site
• Liaison between Designers, Engineers, General Forman and Point of Work
• At all times set a personal example for employees to follow in the observance of Health and
• Clear, concise, fluent, oral, written and presentational communicator
• Good interpersonal skills
To ensure that work is undertaken within in accordance with the safe system of work, ensuring work is effectively controlled and co-ordinated to minimise delays and costs in meeting construction programme dates.
Please note that due to the nature of this work security clearance will need to be obtained before commencement of the role.
- Electrical Diagrams
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Installation Work
- Energy Production