Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs are recruiting for an HSE Engineer to Join our EDF framework site-based team at EDF Hartlepool.
Jacobs Clean Energy sits within our Critical Mission Solutions division supporting our key client EDF with regards their nuclear fleet in the UK and has an annual turnover in excess of £40M. This is a key role within our Project Management Resource team which is spread across our UK network. You will be part of a large client lead team at EDF’s head office in Barnwood, this role will support multiple projects within their UK wide project portfolio.
As an HSE Engineer your responsibilities will include:
• Positive leadership on HSE matters within the Site Project Teams and promote the adoption of best practice. To promote an enthusiastic HSE culture that delivers positive commitment to and engages all employees in continuous improvement in HSE performance.
• To monitor and report on the effectiveness of the HSE Management system and progress against HSE Performance Standards. To make recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
• Act as a focal point to support the local Site Management Team in the implementation of the 3 P Plan.
• Development, ownership and implementation of Projects HS procedures and arrangements.
• To ensure that any statutory and legislative HSE requirements are implemented in their respective Site Team and report any non-compliances to the Construction Manager.
• Ensure that compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM) is achieved by assisting in the development of pre-construction information and construction phase health and safety plans and supporting the key duty holders’ positions by auditing compliance.
• Assist in the management process of contractors e.g. having input into: the selection of contractors, the review of contractor’s method statements and risk assessments and monitoring of contractors when they commence work on site.
• Provide advice and guidance on all HSE matters.
• Develop project specific inductions and present the material as and when required.
• Complete a monthly report on HSE performance identifying good practices and any deteriorating trends to the Construction Manager.
• Ensure all accidents are entered into the CAP process and assist in the recording, reporting, investigation and production of any relevant OPEX material associated with the same.
• Monitoring and coaching all Project resource to ensure consistent use of the EDF Energy HU Tools across all projects.
• Provide support for nominated company representatives in their dealings with regulatory agency and interface as required.
• Conduct HSE walks and record findings and report to Construction Manager the outcome of these reviews.
• Work with Station ISE and Environmental Safety Engineers to co-ordinate Projects scope of work, share best practice and implement any HSE initiatives that the station is undertaking.
• Promote sustainability including the importance of managing environmental hazards.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
• HNC in a relevant technical discipline or equivalent.
• Current qualification/knowledge of the CDM Regulations. Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate, Construction Certificate or NVQ Level 3. National Diploma desirable.
• Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) desirable.
• IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management.
• Operational knowledge of current HSE legislation associated with project work.
• Good communication skills and the ability to develop network and working relationships with other groups involved in project delivery.
• Suitable relevant experience working as a HSE Professional in a project context. This needs to include experience working within a highly regulated, operational environment. Must be experienced in managing contractors and experience of accident investigation and reporting
Safety is Jacobs & EDF Energy’s Number 1 priority; we must therefore always act in a safe, responsible manner.
A successful applicant will be able to demonstrate experience across this and the following disciplines.
• Business Acumen:
• Challenge and Change:
• Decision Making:
• Leadership Values:
• Building Relationships:
• Leading through Teamwork:
• Open Communication:
• Developing Self and Others:
• Achievement Orientation:
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
Environmental Resource Management
Health Safety And Environment