We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Within Central Engineering, the Train Design Department we are looking for a support Train Design Engineer.
Purpose of the Job
Ensuring production of all Train Design deliverables (Carbody Shell, Mechanical Integration, General Studies and Transverse Disciplines) in compliance with the QCD commitments.
Coordinating different Train Design (TD) contributors on Projects and Tenders.
Position in the Organisation
Hierarchical Reporting: (Site) Train Design Metier Manager (TDMM)
Functional Reporting: Project Engineering Manager (PrEM) or Bid Technical Manager (BTM)
- Performing project TD activities in compliance with QCD commitments.
- Planning and piloting TD activities and related deliverables on project taking into account applicable instructions/processes and other specific Customer (internal or external) requirements.
- Ensuring TD deliverables quality and their acceptance by the Customer (internal or external) within committed limits.
- Reporting on TD activities progress and alerting relevant N+1 in case of issue potentially impacting achievement of QCD commitments.
- Allocating requirements and mechanical interfaces to Sub-Systems/equipments (Allocated volume, weight, location, etc.)
- Monitoring the Mechanical Sub-Systems/equipments deliveries conformity with project needs.
- Ensuring resolution of Project Mechanical issues and challenging actions (single domain)
- Defining mitigation plans covering a risk identified on Mechanical scope (single-domain).
- Ensuring Mechanical Project/Product Prefered Part List (3PL) delivery.
- Defining Project Mechanical Decomposition in Digital Mock-Up (ZBS)
- Preparing and documenting TD Design Reviews according to project schedule and following-up the main open actions.
- Resolving Project Mechanical issues and challenging actions (multi-domains)
- Coordinating different TD contributors on Project.
- Defining Project punctual priorities to TD project team.
- Monitoring, controling and consolidating the Train Design workpackage.
- Analysing and consolidating change request impacts on TD scope
- Producing high-level TD deliverables (RSAD TD, TD Validation Plan, etc.)
- Reporting on TD activities progress, anticipating issues (capacity, skills, rule applicability, etc.) and alerting if needed.
- Establishing trainset layout with bogie architecture principle and defining mass and Center of gravity per vehicle type and bogie
- Defining train mechanical architecture taking into account weight, gauge, installation strategy, acoustics, eco design, ergonomics, aerodynamics, aeraulics…
- Validating Transverse Requirement Specifications (Weight, Vibroacoustics, etc.) in close collaboration with the Train System Engineer.
- Defining mitigation plans covering a risk identified on TD scope.
- Defining Project Mechanical Decomposition (PBS)
- Collaborating with other metier/department
- Establishing Certification & Validation Plans for TD scope.
Contributor for :
- Supporting Sourcing, Industrialization and Manufacturing teams during Production ramp-up.
- Collaborating with the TDMM for continuous improvement of the Metier (including RoE)
- Mechanical Engineering preferably applied to Railway products with 5 to 10 years of experience in railway industry
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills including with third parties (customer).
- Time management and reporting skill.
- Sense of urgency / priority.
- Customer & Product Focus.
- Structured and organised with Hands-on approach.
- English operational in read/writing and technical meetings.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skills