Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. Covia’s rich legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
COVIA IS COMMITTED TO EMBRACING AND PROMOTING DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION (D&I) WHERE WE WORK, WITH WHOM WE DO BUSINESS, AND WHERE WE LIVE. We strive to create an inclusive culture where diversity is valued and respected and where all feel included and engaged. We are intentional in our efforts to bring Team Members together and create opportunities to contribute their unique skills, experiences, and perspectives in the pursuit of Covia’s business growth objectives. Enabling all Team Members to perform at their best while being themselves is fundamental to the Clearly Covia Values and Culture.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Process Engineer who will have a positive impact on the Engineering & Operations Teams at its Huntersville, NC location. As a Process Engineer, you will provide mineral processing design, analysis and engineering services to Operations and perform process optimization studies to decrease cost, improve yield, recovery, and quality.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
- Scope & Estimates and Capital Projects
- Complete process work to support Class I thru III project scope, design and estimates for assigned Engineering Service Requests. This will include the following: flowsheets, material balances, equipment testing, equipment selection, equipment sizing and process control Lead Class I estimates when requested.
- Oversee development of Sequence of Operations for Capital
- Work with Electrical Engineers and Engineering firm on P&IDs.
- Work with outside consulting engineering firms when utilized on project
- Manage project start-up and commissioning for major capital projects. As Startup Team Leader, conduct team meetings and post startup updates/reports to LN for viewing by upper
- Participate in Project Update meetings, Management Review meetings and Capital Project Review meetings, as needed.
- Plant Improvement Projects and Process Audits
- Work with mineral processing equipment Direct and conduct testing on new and experimental process equipment and methods to evaluate their potential.
- Provide technical support through process studies, training, or other means to plants in support of their implementation of continuous improvement systems.
- Conduct plant process investigations related to productivity and process improvements and develop solutions to increase throughput, decrease cost, improve yield, improve quality, and/or improve
- Run a sample of the plant feed taken during the audit through the CFS for audit comparison and mine planning reconciliation evaluations.
- Oversee update of plant equipment lists, flowsheets, and material
- Issued detailed report in accordance with the process policies and procedure
- Standards Development and Updates
- Participate in the development of Engineering
- Ensure that Covia Engineering Standards are consistently and uniformly
- Technical Training, Technical Meetings, and Taskforces
- Develop training
- Provide technical training to plant and other staff personnel on engineering subjects and process related
- Provide process analyses for Covia OEM projects and participate in their meetings as
- Work on interdepartmental teams and communicate activities with other corporate functions to ensure timely information exchange and coordination of work. These departments include R&D, Geology & Mine Planning, Environmental Affairs, Safety & Health, Purchasing, Operations, and Sales in the conduct of the engineering work.
- Maintain liaison with individuals and groups within and outside Covia with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to the project.
- Manage and/or work on projects having unique or controversial problems having an important effect on Covia objectives.
- Issue regular weekly activity reports
- When leading an ESR, hold kickoff meetings and issue
- When leading a Startup, issue timely updates in a clear and concise
- Issue project memo’s, reports, and source files in a timely fashion to allow proper review and project
- Travel 30-40% as required to initiate, keep projects moving, and complete them in a timely
- Ensure that high standards of engineering are maintained in all Covia
- Function in accordance with departmental policies and procedures with a highly professional approach to job responsibilities. Be aware of and follow all Company policies, procedures, rules and
- Work efficiently both independently and as an affective team
- Maintain technical skills by utilizing available training Monitor technical developments in metallurgical/minerals processing fields for applications of new process technology.
- Develop and maintain skills in the use of personal computers in engineering working to improve accuracy, productivity, and professionalism.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- BS or equivalent degree in an Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Preference given to candidates with experience in mineral processing, bulk material handling systems, or heavy industry
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits – medical, vision, dental
- 401K with company matching
- Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long-Term Care Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality, and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bulk Cargo
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Heavy Industry
- Network Performance