Provide best technical support about Fluid Automation Products & Solutions to Customers, Sales Representatives, Business partners and Intermediaries; guarantee a positive Customer Experience managing speedy and knowledgeable responses that solve their problems; applying Company policies.
- Handle technical enquiries for entire portfolio: valve, pressure/temperature switch, combustion, sensor, FRL, pneumatic, VMS, and RCS products;
- Handle technical Requests for Quotation (RFQ); both local and Europe wide;
- Create and send offers (quotations) based on direct customer request (Input from field sales or by fax or mail request) with an indication of price, delivery time and availability; within Delegation of Authority;
- Track offers to Customers, on behalf of Salespersons;
- Provide technical service assistance relating to application problems with ASCO products installed in the field; provide recommended solutions/corrective actions; ensure all Customer requests are properly handled and closed to Customer Satisfaction;
- Provide competitor product cross-references, as required;
- Generate leads for sales force through active listening and probing for customer requirements and opportunities;
- Provide internal feedback within ASCO regarding customer concerns, by gathering and analyzing the broad source of information collected through Customer interactions;
- Detect anomalies and report them; contributes to continuous improvement;
- On request, participate in trade shows for booth duty and surveys as requested by Sales & Marketing;
- Constantly maintain and develop full knowledge of product portfolio; keep update on new products and portfolio evolution: product range evolutions, new products introduction, obsolescence, replacement products;
- Directly train and support the Customer Support employees of Customer Service to improve product and application knowledge;
- Ensure that any activity, task and responsibility, as well as all transactions, are managed and performed in full compliance with the Company ITC certification program and with the Quality and Environmental Management System.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering – Mechanical, Electrical or Engineering technology;
- Minimum three (3) years progressive industry experience in Fluid automation or process related industry;
- Details oriented, ability to work under time pressure and multi-tasks; good judgment making capabilities;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve problem; proactive;
- Good Customer sense; interest for Commercial role and environment;
- Cooperative; willingness to interact and work with others; team player;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English. One additional Western European language would be a plus (French, German, Spanish, Italian…);
- Direct and interactive computer skills and electronic business interfaces: outlook, e-mail, Microsoft Office, extranet/intranet.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.