At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Manage production area in order to meet production schedules, quality, and cost objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
• Recruit, interview and hire Line Managers and MIT’s.
• Communicate criteria to recruiters for Line Managers and MIT’s position candidates.
• Coach Line Managers and MIT’s in the interviewing/hiring process.
• Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
• Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
• Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
• Coach and mentor Line Managers and MIT’s to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
• Create and manage succession plans for Line Managers and MIT’s.
• Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
• Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell members, Business Unit Manager (BUM), and Manufacturing Manager on Manufacturing Manager’s contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to Manufacturing Manager based on feedback.
• Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
• Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
• Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
• Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
• Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
• Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
• Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
• Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
• Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
• Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
• Define, develop and implement a Manufacturing strategy, which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
• Provide regular updates to Manufacturing and Operations Manager on the execution of the strategy.
• Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
• Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
• Provide feedback to BUMs, WCMs, Functional Managers (FMs) on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
• Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
• Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure Line Managers and Managers In Training (MIT’s) are effective in their roles.
• Evaluate data and audit processes to support the success of the plant.
• Set expectations and guide the Line Managers to meet the expectations of continuous improvement while running a profitable and efficient production line.
• Provide exceptional support to customers, team members, and shareholders.
• Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
• Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the workcells.
• Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
• Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
• Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
• Periodically “get down in the trenches” to rehabilitate troubled workcells or to help during product launch. Foster a “back to basics” mentality during these times. Lead by example; “Walk the talk.”
• Establish new measurement systems if/where appropriate.
• Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
• Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
• Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
• Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
• Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
• Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
• Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
• Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
• Strong and convincing communication skills.
• Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
• Two (2) years experience in a manufacturing supervisory role.
• Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Coaching And Mentoring