Wrightbus manufactures the World-first zero-emission hydrogen double-decker, alongside midibuses, full size single deckers, two and three axle double deckers and articulated vehicles. Wrights Group has recently focused increasingly on its zero-emission hydrogen buses.
* Holidays - 237.5 hours.
* Pension – 5% employer, 3% company
* Medicash scheme. You can claim back on medical appointments and free counselling etc.
* Life insurance
* Canteen onsite,
* Free parking and local befits
* HND/HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent).
* Minimum of 1 year experience in a relevant engineering environment.
* Experience in commissioning and testing electrical control systems.
* Knowledge of wiring harness design and manufacture.
* Knowledge of electrical control systems hardware design.
* Problem solving abilities.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Computer literate.
* Previous experience of dedicated electrical design software (harnesses and Schematics) e.g., 2D CAD • * Knowledge and use of vehicle control system diagnostic tools
* Highly motivated and positive attitude.
* Creative and innovative.
* Analytical mindset.
* Structured approach.
* Ability to maintain detailed records.
* Support the NPD Strategy for EV, FCEV and HEV electrical control systems.
* Support the development of electric powertrain charging systems.
* Participate in the vehicle life cycle development through concept to engineering design, prototype build, certification, to Job 1
* Work effectively within a cross-functional team on the overall vehicle development
* Elicit external and internal stakeholder requirements for new product developments.
* Selection of electrical components and systems into new and existing vehicle designs ensuring products used meet required standards.
* Design and specification of electrical hardware components for the integration of vehicle subsystems, e.g. fuseboards, switchboxes.
* Liaise with suppliers and manage the progress to meet timing, specification, and engineering requirements
* Undertake the technical assessment and analysis of components and systems and develop optimal solutions to meet overall vehicle requirements.
* Design, and develop CAN communications systems and architecture.
* Design of low and high voltage control for bus body and chassis electrical systems, including wiring harnesses and electrical panels.
* Document, validate and provide FMEA for design reviews and NPD gateways.
* Creation of technical documentation with respect to the vehicle electrical system and installation eg. Wiring schematics, system schedules, harness drawings, electrical engineering standards and procedures.
* Provide and co-ordinate vehicle test plans and commissioning, testing and data logging of vehicle control systems.
* Provide Technical assistance to production, support engineers and the customer.
* Continued development of electrical system to improve ease of installation and to reduce the cost of manufacture.
* Co-ordinate with assembly and manufacturing teams to ensure that the assembly of the electrical system is correctly defined and implemented.
* Provide system technical information and documentation for both internal and external customers.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location
- Computer Literacy