You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Auditor - Oil and Gas
ABS Consulting Services, in partnership with the American Petroleum Institute (API) is seeking Qualified Auditors to operate as contract team members. The Auditor is an experienced professional capable of performing Quality Management Systems (QMS) audits of manufacturing, oil & natural gas service organizations. Auditors have extensive knowledge and the skillset to perform technical audits against product specifications, performance criteria, management systems, and contract requirements.
Please read the details below carefully for more information.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED with technical training required.
- University or College (post-secondary) degree in a technical field preferred.
- At least four years of appropriate technical/ quality work experience.
- Minimum of two years of auditing experience or two years of professional experience (engineering, project planning, management, supervisory, manufacturing, etc.) OR two years of experience that combines auditing and professional.
- Oil and gas industry experience or experience in similar manufacturing and/or service industries
- Participation in at least five management system audits is preferred.
Minimum Skill Set Requirements
- Working knowledge of the following manufacturing processes: Machining, Heat Treatment, Welding, Coating, and NDE
- Ability to identify following the requirements from a technical document, as applicable:
- Design (dimensional requirements)
- Performance/ testing requirements
- Material requirements
- Marking requirements
- Packing and shipping requirements
- Desired Auditing Skills: Process-based experience. Previous experience in NACE/ IAF Code 17 and 18.
- Desired Management System Knowledge: API specifications (API Specs 5CT, 6A, 6D, Q1, etc.).
- Desired: Quality, environmental and/or health and safety management system implementation, design, maintenance, etc. experience.
- Management System Knowledge: Working knowledge of applicable Management System Standards: API Spec Q1.
Training and Continuing Education
- Auditing techniques (ISO 9001, 14001, and/or OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor Course, internal auditor training, ISO 19011 training, other lead auditor training.)
- MS standards (API Spec Q1, API Spec Q2, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc.)
- Technical training (ASME inspections, welding, service industry training, etc.)
Certifications or Experience (IRCA, Exemplar Global, API, etc.) or equivalent experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities, which may include any of the following:
- Previous certification as an auditor from a recognized national or international certification body.
- Over four years of experience performing quality management system audits (third- or second-party audits) in the oil and gas industry.
- Over seven years of technical experience in equipment manufacture, inspection, or other related activities within the oil and gas industry.
- Technical and auditing competence that can be verified through referral, references, previous performance evaluation/ observation reports, review of audit and inspection reports, or other documented reporting and evaluation.
- Past documented performance history performing audits and/or other technically related services.
- Speak, read, and write (including reporting) effectively in English.
- Fluent in the local language of the audit(s) where the auditor lives and works.
- Travel to and from audit locations using common transportation. At times, work may be performed in environments subject to hot and cold temperatures. Some work may be performed in an office environment. Some work may be performed in confined spaces, and it may be necessary to climb vertical ladders of various heights and construction staging of various heights. The use of small tools and the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with safety procedures, may be required.
Learn More About ABS Group's Global Solutions:
[ Link removed ] (click)We set out more than 160 years ago to promote the security of life and property at sea and preserve the natural environment. Today, we remain true to our mission and continue to support organizations facing a rapidly evolving seascape of challenging regulations and new technologies. Through it all, we are anchored by a vision and mission that help our clients find clarity in uncertain times. ABS is a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services. We’re at the forefront of supporting the global energy transition at sea, the application of remote and autonomous marine systems, cutting-edge technical solutions, and many more exciting advancements. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and efficiency is ever-present, guiding our clients to safer and more efficient operations. Equal Opportunity The ABS Group of Companies is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Notice ABS and Affiliated Companies (ABS) will not pay a fee to any third-party agency without a valid ABS Master Service Agreement (MSA) authorized and signed by Human Resources. Any resume, CV, application, or other forms of candidate submission provided to any employee of ABS without a valid MSA on file will be considered property of ABS, and no fee will be paid. Other This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjsABS Consulting Services, in partnership with the American Petroleum Institute (API) is seeking Qualified Auditors to operate as contract team members. The Auditor is an experienced professional capable of performing Quality Management Systems (QMS) audits of manufacturing, oil & natural gas service organizations. Auditors have extensive knowledge and the skillset to perform technical audits against product specifications, performance criteria, management systems, and contract requirements.
- Confined Spaces
- Human Resources
Job ID: 412