The Manufacturing Engineering Manager is responsible for leading a team of Manufacturing Engineers to develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing processes to achieve key performance metrics including improved quality, product cost, and manufacturing efficiency. AS A MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER, YOU WILL:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Manage and develop a team of Manufacturing Engineers to improve manufacturing process capabilities, drive down cost, and improve ease of manufacturing.
- Directly assist all departments with improving Safety, Environmental, Quality, Productivity and Delivery through capacity improvements, capital expenditures, complexity reductions, lean improvements, equipment maintenance improvements, design improvements, etc.
- Direct annual budget preparation through the development of capital projects/expenditures.
- Develop the business plans for the allocation of capital funding and the subsequent execution of that capital allocation.
- Manage engineering staff members on project components in order to maintain timelines, project initiatives, and cost structures. Delegate project workloads and allocate resources to accomplish desired results.
- Manage the qualification of new components, processes and manufacturing equipment that is incorporated into production.
- Provide technical assistance on equipment and processes for problems related to OSHA compliance.
- Participate in production decisions involving new and existing product lines to assess/improve equipment & capacity.
- Establish and maintain an environment conducive to continuous improvement in manufacturing. Recommend alternatives for improving production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions.
- Coordinate with Corporate Engineering Department to assure improvements are incorporated in appropriate specifications and standard procedures.
- Partner with Quality and Environmental Health & Safety to ensure all regulatory standards and company policies are understood, supported, and followed by all employees within the facility à specifically regarding EPA, Hazardous Waste Management and ISO 14001.
You create a positive and motivating environment. You break down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions. You evaluate pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options. You provide direct and actionable feedback. You build constructive relationships with people both similar and different to yourself. You build and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations. You introduce new ways of looking at problems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience plus 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth understanding of metal fabrication methods and manual, CAM and CNC equipment including a demonstrated ability to program and prove out CNC programs as well as manual MIG welding processes for carbon steel
- Experienced with AutoCAD, Solidworks, and/or similar software & Microsoft Office
- Experience with ERP software (JDE preferred)
- Proven leadership qualities of managing direct reports in a fast-paced operations environment
- Demonstrated success with Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, and/or Cost-Savings initiatives
- Strong communication and organizational skills - ability to communicate across all levels within organization
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- MS or MBA from an accredited institution
- 10 years of professional-level manufacturing experience including 5 years in management
- Knowledge of iron phosphate coating and powder paint systems strongly preferred
- Lean Champion or Lean background
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.