The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the largest international energy companies that help retrieve energy data from some of the UK’s largest energy consuming organisations. The industry relies on the information that their people produce to trade, bill and understand billions of pounds of energy each year. Their specialist services, operated by their experts, deliver tangible energy, carbon and cost savings to their customers by giving access to data intelligence on ‘how’, ‘when’ and ‘where’ energy is used.
We need great people to help the business do this. They really care about the things that they do: being open and trustworthy, delivering on their promises, positive customer engagement, being trusted experts and taking ownership.
The business makes a real investment in people, offering a challenging but supportive environment, allowing employees to stretch, grow and develop. In terms of career progression, the availability of a comprehensive training programme ensures the only limits are your own drive to succeed.
- To provide expertise on GB SMART Metering to support both the implementation of new services into Operations and provide input into continuous improvement on existing services.
- Advise on the wider Industry direction of travel in order to keep the company relevant and up to date with activities within the Smart Metering environment.
- Develop a new internal team of GB SMART metering specialists to provide a wide-range of operational support services around SMART metering and associated Services to the operational delivery teams in these general areas: project support, business requirement specification support, design and implementation of new services, reporting, data analysis, troubleshooting, issue analysis, SLP Analysis, change assessment & continuous improvement.
- To work closely with Operations Managers to ensure new service requirements are understood and provide specialist support and specialist knowledge in designing the most effective and efficient processes.
- To keep abreast of Industry changes related to SMART such as SEC or DCC changes etc and provide regular updates as part of Monthly reporting to the Exec Team.
- To suggest and actively promote potential new services and improvements to directly influence and drive the direction of future SMART metering services
- To Support both Customers & internal Commercial teams by providing expert knowledge as and when required.
- To provide thought leadership to the business in developing Smart Metering services and capabilities.
- Responsible for providing high-quality, timely, comprehensive support to the operating business to enable delivery of high-quality and high-performance SMART metering services to our customers.
- Support internal training by developing and delivering SMART specific training material and knowledge sessions as part of the induction programme and specific process training where requested/required.
- Pass on knowledge to develop ongoing understanding of GB SMART metering
- Keep up to date with Market changes related to SMART Metering and share this knowledge with process owners and key stakeholders.
- Working with other teams to create and execute a cohesive, efficient and customer-focussed delivery model
- Identification of delivery issues and risks, working with Operations Delivery and IT Change to resolve
- To identify new and creative ways of working more effectively or efficiently within the Operations structure
- To undertake process development or reviews as appropriate
- Invest time to develop individual in the SMART services support team, identifying development opportunities for the team and stretching them as services evolve.
- Supporting the wider business as and when required to ensure we develop compliant propositions & processes that meet the customer requirements.
- Be a project lead for all relevant and appropriate change projects
- Be the key contact point for all GB SMART metering queries within the business
- Represent and promote the company (and it’s views) at any external GB SMART metering for a as required.
Skills (i.e. communication / problem solving / autonomy/ analytical / meet deadlines)
- Proven Leadership skills
- Strong, clear communication skills
- Able to understand and communicate concepts clearly and succinctly
- Good problem-solving skills, able to grasp problems quickly and draw informed conclusions
- Able to work in a complex environment with conflicting demands and make clear and consistent decisions
- Anticipates issues and is pro-active in dealing with them
Knowledge (experience, qualifications, IT Literacy / packages, commercial awareness)
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Experience within the UK Utility industry (Essential)
- Experience of GB SMART Metering Infrastructure, Processes & Regulatory
Knowledge in GB smart metering protocols (GBCS, SMETS, CHTS, DUIS, MMC etc)
- Commercial, Regulatory and Financial awareness.
- Excellent knowledge of process management and improvement activities.
- Good level of IT literacy
- Business Process Improvement
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer Service
- Data Analysis