Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
Portfolio Management is the unit of Energy Management USA & Canada inside Global Trading that links the world of generation with the energy markets all across USA and Canada, to guarantee a continuous optimization of the Energy Industrial Gross Margin and a strategic coherence of all the actions put in place by the different stakeholders.
What You'll Do at Enel:
Who You Are:
- Coordinate the activities of Analysts in Portfolio Management.
- Interact on a continuous basis with all the stakeholders involved in the process of generating and selling electricity into the market (i.e. Commercial Office, Engineering & Construction, Operation & Maintenance, Planning & Control, Middle Office & Risk Management, Front Office, Back Office) to collect and share information about the status of the Generation Portfolio and about market.
- Design and develop new processes to improve the interaction with different departments, with the final goal of monitoring and improving the Gross Margin of the Generation Fleet.
- Propose initiatives and develop models to support strategies for maximizing assets’ Gross Margin.
- Analyze the Gross Margin of every single project to understand and explain relevant phenomena.
- Improve statistical models for the generation forecast of renewable resources and design new ones, where needed.
- Design and develop a new market-oriented model for the optimization of the maintenance schedule and outages.
- Prepare reports and presentations to share the analysis with the Management.
- Not a supervisory role.
What You've Accomplished:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Comfortable as a team player.
What Enel Offers You:
- 6+ years of professional experience in the US deregulated power industry; natural gas experience a plus.
- Knowledge of characteristics of PPA contracts; Tax Equity Partnerships principles is a plus.
- Knowledge of operating principles of US markets, with a particular focus on ERCOT and SPP (how the spot price is calculated, what an FTR/CRR is, how congestions and losses are managed, how renewable resources/batteries are dispatched).
- Knowledge of electric cost components, PTCs, ITC, RECs.
- Good quantitative and statistical background.
- Background in Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Energy and derivatives markets.
- Able to clearly explain technical information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- BA/BS degree in Math/Engineering/Science; Master’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Queries on SQL/Oracle Data bases Business Analytics (i.e. Spotfire, Power BI), Power Point.
- Experience with programming data processing software (i.e. Python, MATLAB, R).
•A rapidly growing yet well-established business, •Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., •Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., •One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., •Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., •Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities. Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact [ Email address blocked ] .
- Portfolio Management
- Derivatives Markets