Global Edge Consultants
Maintenance Technician - Controls
The Global edge consultants’ leaders within energy and engineering recruitment currently require a Maintenance Technician - Controls
The Maintenance Controls Technician is responsible for working with other Technicians, Supervisors within the Operations & Maintenance departments
- Executes all Controls systems (such as DCS, PLCs, SIS, AMADAS, F&G and stand-alone applications) maintenance work within all HSSE process, procedures, standards and regulations.
- Adherence to IMS (Integrity Management System), LNG Maintenance Manual and Work Management process and procedures.
- Identify potential safety, health, environmental work hazards. Understand maintenance work scope and applicable Operation and Maintenance processes and procedures.
- Performs problem solving activities in order to ensure maintenance and reliability corrective measures are implemented.
- Functions as Maintenance SME (Subject Matter Expert) for control systems.
- Create and prepare required Job Safety Hazard Analysis and Work permits under his/her area of responsibility (ePTW as applicable). Ensure permits are prepared and submitted to Operations well in advance before execution.
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED; Technical degree, or applicable nationally recognized standard Certification. (i.e. NCCER / NICET)
Minimum five (5) years of maintenance controls work experience in Oil & Gas, LNG or petrochemical facilities.
Strong knowledge of electrical industrial standards and regulations (i.e. ISA, NFPA 70E, FERC, etc.)
Strong work experience maintaining and troubleshooting controls systems, dedicated applications, Analyzer and F&G, such as – but not limited to, System administration, Backup/Recovery programs, Access Control, Alarm Management and Cybersecurity interfaces.
Strong experience maintaining and troubleshooting DCS/SIS/PLCs and dedicated applications systems - Experience with the following systems is preferred:
- Yokogawa DCS & ProSafe SIS
- GE MarkVIe and MarkVIeS
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix and GuardLogix
- Siemens PLC
- Strong leadership and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies
- Organized, strong planning skills, able to manage multiple activities in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Promote continuous improvements initiatives.
Computer Control Systems
Distributed Control Systems
Oil And Gas
Complex Problem Solving