We are looking to expand our passionate and outstanding team with a motivated, impressive engineer to help deliver exciting new features for our existing Control and Edge product lines. Duties will include but are not limited to: design and development of new software, software qualification and validation, applying cybersecurity best practices, delivery of well written technical communications, and continuous integration and delivery. You will be working closely with key stakeholders to develop new features. AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Gather requirements by working closely with our Product Management Team and customers.
- Use strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns to design software that promotes efficiency, testability and maintainability.
- Work within an agile process to build software that meets the gathered requirements.
- Author user stories and tasks and effectively communicating with the scrum team.
- Utilize continuous integration to automate builds, testing, and revision control.
- Lead continuous improvements to the development process to aid productivity and increase quality
- You keep up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace.
- You identify opportunities that benefit the customer.
- You scan the environment for new technical skills, knowledge, or capabilities that can benefit business or personal performance.
- You make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information.
- You display a can-do attitude in good and bad times.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited university or college and 2 years of related work experience. (OR a High School Diploma / GED and 4 years of related work experience.)
- Ability to program C
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Ability to program using C#, and Java using Visual Studio
- Experience in large code bases
- Excellent debugging and refactoring skills
- Experience with .NET and WPF
- Ability to create UI Designs that create an awesome user experience
- Ability to create API Design Specifications
- Domain Driven Design Knowledge of software architectural principles
- Database development experience
- Knowledge of at least one Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Software (Jenkins, Bamboo, Cruise Control, Electric Commander, etc.)
- Test Driven Development experience
- Experience or Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- Knowledge of Industrial network and serial communication protocols (OPC UA, Modbus, etc.)
- Knowledge of Industrial Controls, particularly PLCs
- Automated Unit Testing
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
- Scrum (Software Development)
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Api Design
- Java (Programming Language)
- Build Software
- C (Programming Language)