O&M Technician - A Grade Electrician
Reporting to: Site O&M Manager
Our OEM client is is currently recruiting for the permanent role of Service Technician (Electrical) to be site-based on their wind farm in western Victoria.
Working as part of a team of 3, responsibilities for the role include ccommissioning, fault clearance as well as maintenance of the wind turbines.
Tasks will include general, as well as specialized work and are described as follows:
* Analyze defects with phone-contact to service coordinator
* Autonomous simple repairs of turbines, troubleshooting and fault-finding
* Carry out complex repair processes in collaboration with the Lead Technician
* With subcontractors, carry out planned maintenance / inspection activities of turbines for compliance with technical specifications and regulations
* Collecting data and performing tests
* Fill in reports and checklists in order to completely inform Local Operation Manager
* Inform customer in case of works on the turbine
* Carry out repair or exchange of main components
* Check inventory of spare parts stock and be responsible for material on site
* Standard monitoring of booked service reports and steering of service process to book expenses correctly
* Guarantee that tasks are realized with high quality and on time
* Realization of tasks in the most economical way for the OEM
* Responsible for material, tools and property of the OEM
* Carry out tasks in accordance with the OEM's manuals and regulations and
* Keep all H&S related instructions and guidelines and work safety for material and personnel.
You should have the following qualifications and experience:
* 'A Grade' electrical licence
* Minimum of three years of hydraulic, electrical, or mechanical experience
* Experienced to use data processing adequately
* Good English language skills (read, write and speak fluently)
* Teamwork, collaboration and willingness to take over responsibility
* Quick grasp and capable of making decisions
* Ability to solve problems
* Think strategically and analytically
* Flexibility and willingness to travel on a regular basis
* Computer literate, able to use MS Office, SAP and in-house database and workload management systems
* Resilient, readiness for training and able to work at height
Previous experience of wind turbines will be highly regarded but is not essential.
This role represent a a rare opportunity for a qualified candidate who is looking for a permanent static role and a Monday-Friday work pattern.
As a permanent position, the appointed candidate will be responsible for his/her own travel and transportation to site. No accommodation is on offer.
Visa sponsorship is not available. Applicants must have Australian working rights as well as a valid Victorian or interstate electrical licence.
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Complex Problem Solving