Must be local to California or willing to relocate to California
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (The employee shall not perform any services not described herein without prior written approval from the Cypress Legal Department)
1. Act as the on-site, most technically competent non-certified inspector for the project.
2. Mentor, advise, educate, train, review and direct work of lesser qualified Utility Inspectors.
3. Rely on experience in and general knowledge of many different aspects of natural gas pipeline and facilities construction, inspection and operations.
4. Does not directly supervise any project construction site activities, but assists the Project Manager, Construction Lead Supervisor, Construction Foreman, and Chief Inspector in running and inspecting the project from start to finish.
5. Perform duties as designated by the Chief Inspector in conformance with job requirements outlined in the assigned activity and the company specifications and codes.
6. Advise Chief Inspector of all decisions, problems, and possible alternatives in the assigned activity.
7. Verify that all construction activities are in conformance with the company contract specifications and codes.
8. Understand and interpret company’s contract specifications for application to tasks assigned.
9. Notify the Chief Inspector and Environmental Inspector of environmental problems that may arise.
10. Observe and report on pipeline and facilities construction, maintenance, and repair activities. Keep daily log of all incidents relating to construction in the assigned activity. Prepare daily/weekly progress reports and the appropriate report(s) for the Inspector’s assigned activity, and forward to the Chief Inspector for review.
11. General knowledge of application of two-part coating on field joints.
12. Basic understanding of Cathodic protection and related test stations and insulation requirements as per company construction specifications and drawings, hydrostatic test requirements, and physical testing as specified by company.
13. Ensure all work is performed per design and company specifications.
14. Ensure all work is performed safely and proper procedures and quality control are followed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Working knowledge of environmental conditions.
• General knowledge and experience in utility inspection, coating inspection, damage prevention, monitoring excavation, and backfill operations for pipeline installation.
• Fundamental understanding of all phases and aspects of pipeline construction from clearing to cleanup.
• Knowledge of traffic delineation and shoring techniques, jeeping of pipe coating, field repairs, and field joint coating.
• Knowledge of construction practices and building materials, technology, and equipment.
• Good interpersonal, documentation, and computer skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
• Ability to record information in a legible and accurate manner.
• Knowledgeable of company policies and procedures.
• Professional oral and written communication skills.
• Usually will possess API 1169 Certification.