The position exists for the purpose of managing the Oracle Eloqua Marketing Automation Platform (MAP) and marketing database. This role provides recommendations and ensures that the platform is utilized effectively and efficiently the way it was intended. This role is also responsible for implementing the Oracle Eloqua change management process and ensuring compliance to global data privacy laws.
Duty 1: Marketing Automation
- Defines, implements, maintains and documents marketing automation requirements and best practices including list management, optimization, data quality (e.g. dirty data, data hygiene, naming standards, etc.) and troubleshooting.
- Establishes best practices in technical conceptualization and asset integrations utilized in demand creation, nurturing and scoring program strategies within the Marketing Automation Platform and between other integrated systems to ensure efficient and effective communications.
- Documents marketing automation processes, programs and procedures, including but not limited to A/B testing, deliverability and tracking designed to achieve optimized conversion rates and deliver on agreed upon service level agreements.
- Works in partnership with the primary data steward to ensure marketing data requirements are fulfilled in support of marketing programs.
- Ensures optimal email deliverability and privacy through adherence to global anti-spam and data privacy laws concerning permission marketing.
- Works with System Administrators (internal enterprise platforms) on backend application updates, user permissions and other administrative needs
- Manages mailbox for Eloqua Change Requests
- Performs Eloqua CR Maintenance Requests (e.g. picklist, page tagging, contact list upload, and access provision) and other maintenance request
- Drives Eloqua CR improvement projects by working with multiple systems and their respective admins and point of contacts
Duty 2: Project Support
- Leads scope reviews - drives the conversation, provides overview of the team including processes, capabilities and purpose; Understands or uncovers the real need for the project; uses technical and business knowledge to have an initial understanding of the value, impact and complexity of the project
- Leads planning sessions to create process maps, prototypes or mock-ups; decides what functionalities are needed vs those that are nice to have Reviews and assesses proposals in terms of relevance and application to the requirements of the customers
- Recommends and negotiates solution and development timeline to the stakeholders; gets their buy-in and commitment to any deliverable
- Analyzes risk and mitigates project circumstances based on impact assessment
- Develops marketing automation modules, prototypes or mock-ups
Duty 3: Metrics, Reporting and Analytics
Report Scoping and Planning
- Coordinates and validates with stakeholders on reporting requirements (output quality metrics)
- Creates and tests dynamic reports based on the designed format
- Creates histograms, charts, summaries as necessary to aid in easy interpretation and better provide decision support to the Integrated Marketing team
- Provides own work estimates and can negotiate turnaround time within the team
- Provides status updates on report development, raise issues encountered and adjust timeline as appropriate
- Performs data validation to achieve data consistency
Reports Generation, Analysis and Maintenance
- Generate, analyze, create report/dashboard from different sources and submit to requestor
Duty 4: Training and Development
- Trains marketing resources on how to accomplish basic to advance within the marketing automation platform
- Creates/Authors content of software tool materials (e.g. presentations, evaluation tools, etc.) for new marketing automation training courses
- Conducts advanced training on marketing automation tool usage including skills development and certification (e.g. troubleshooting, presenting, etc.)
- Reviews and approves marketing automation training materials / courses
Duty 5: Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Leads a team in handling a Continuous Improvement Project using a problem-solving methodology.
- Identifies continuous improvement project ideas.
- Maps processes as part of the procedure documentation.
- Guides/Coaches a team handling a Continuous Improvement Project from the project selection, analysis, solution identification and monitoring of results and business impact.
- Escalates specific issues and provides recommendation to customers to address them.
- Works closely with counterparts/POCs to identify loopholes and process gaps.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent
Job Related Experience:
5 years of cumulative experience in Digital Marketing
- Experience working with business owners in defining data and system administration and integration requirements
- Experience in creation of digital marketing assets (Email, Landing Pages etc.)
- Experience in a Marketing Automation Platform
- Marketing automation platforms (Eloqua E10 preferred)
- Sales Force Automation
- Content management/Web content management
- Web analytics/Tracking
- Intermediate knowledge in MS Office
- Communication skills (oral & written)
- Analytical Skills
- Organizing and planning skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time/work management
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation / Facilitation skills
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- A/B Testing
- Marketing Automation
- Web Analytics
- Web Content Management Systems
- Digital Marketing