You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Intertek is searching for a Controls Engineer to join our Building & Construction team in our York, PA office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in Equipment Technology!
The Controls Engineer is responsible for developing and programming control systems for testing equipment. The position also requires troubleshooting existing equipment to support all Intertek B&C test laboratories.
What you’ll do:
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to identify the system components and develop the design and functional specifications automation systems
- Troubleshooting hardware and process issues
- Assist in the design process for new equipment
- Testing, troubleshooting, and calibrating completed equipment
- Work with other team members throughout the design and fabrication process
- Assist in installation of wiring and control devices as required
- Assist with maintenance of all company equipment as needed
- Create detailed equipment specifications/documents to guide development/ programming/ use
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Follow and enforce all safety requirements and company policies
- Other duties as assigned
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- High School Diploma or GED, Engineering degree preferred
- 4 years of related experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of control devices and signals
- Working knowledge of software development, PLC programming, and network services
- Strong analytical ability and communication skills
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] .
What we have to offer:When [ Link removed ] , you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that [ Link removed ] are our strongest tool for success. We are an [ Link removed ] and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email [ Link removed ] or call
- Business Requirements
Job ID: 5108