Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at 961800298.
Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. is seeking an Accountant to join our team located in Ankeny, IA.
The Accountant will be responsible for moderately complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resultant managerial reports and financial statements.
Accountant (1st shift)
- Key participant in testing of internal controls by gathering, analyzing and reporting data which documents internal control processes over financial reporting
- Research and provide information related to both internal and external audit requests
- LG&E main contact with external auditors
- Coordinate and monitor status of internal audit findings
- Ensures accounting conforms with company policies and SOX documentation
- Assist with monthly financial close process including JE’s, variance analysis, and accruals
- Prepare accounting reconciliations, including researching and resolving discrepancies
- Other projects as needed
- Various other accounting functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Experience with SOX walkthroughs and test of controls preferred
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines
- Ability to work through testing independently
- Able to adapt quickly to changing environment
- Ability to utilize independent judgment in establishing the accuracy and reasonableness of information
- Proficiency in MS office applications
- JD Edwards or SAP experience a plus
- CPA a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Attention To Detail
- General Ledger