We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Purpose of the Job
The EMC Engineer will support railway signalling projects to achieve compliance in EMC. His/her task will be to ensure the electromagnetic compatibility of Signalling railway system in term of: design, analyse, installation, compliance of products according EMC standards and the tests.
What are my responsibilities?
- Write within the framework of projects the EMC Control Plans (from the EMC requirements of the Project Contract, definition of EMC activities, deliverables, design requirements and EMC tests).
- Ensure Urban & Mainline EMC Engineering rules (from UEVOL System (/N&T PDI)) be adapted and applied to Urban & Mainline projects on EMC scope
- Ensure delivery of EMC documents as per project Documentation plan (refer to DML <=> Documentation Master List + CDRL) in line with project DFQ Gate Reviews milestones
- Identify the technical and physical interfaces deployed on the project and mitigate the EMI all along the project
- Submit EMC rules for the design of products and check their appliance during the process (general architecture, layout of subsystems and electrical interfaces, HV/MV/LV cabling, earthing, etc).
- Prepare the EMC test specifications (on-site Test Plans).
- Check the EMC test specifications and reports/certificates of compliance from subsystems suppliers.
- Perform the On-site tests (EMC site survey, Electromagnetic Field measurements, and compatibility tests for Signalling equipment vs environment…)
- Constitute at the end of projects the EMC Compliance documents.
- Analysis and solving EMC problems encountered on projects.
- Be involved in the technical meetings
- Report to the Project Engineering Manager about the project EMC activities (including early warnings & events) and to his hierarchy
- Apply processes & best practice including Quality & E&S procedures
- Respect schedule & milestones defined by the project team
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelors in Electronics and Communication or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with knowledge in RF/EMC/Hardware design.
- Hands-on experience in the power electronics / Railways (Rolling Stock, Traction Equipment, Signalling, Communication equipment) and EMC design.
- Experience in analysis of electromagnetic interference and find the root cause of EMC problems.
- Knowledge in EMC design rules, concerning cable segregation, separation distances, earthing and bonding specifications, equipotential grounding etc.
- Basic knowledge of the EMC standards, especially the EN 61000 series and optionally the EN 50121 series.
- EMC measurement (Test procedures / Test instrumentation / Hands-on EMC testing).
- EMC numerical simulation (Tools / Practice).
- EMC management of project.
- English conversational/writing/reading advanced level.
- Autonomy, proactivity, reactivity, ability to communicate, to convince, to synthesize, to share information and experience within the EMC Network.
- Strong analytical skills are recommended.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Agile Methodology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Wirings