Position: Head of Reporting and Communications (Energy Regulation)
Reports to: Director of Energy Department (Interim)
Sector: Energy (Policy and Regulations)
Job Location: Sharma, KSA
NEOM Authority is aiming to disrupt the existing models and set a new standard for governance in the world. It will institutionalize the Authority of the Future, which is Digitally native, adaptive, Lean and Citizen / Business-centric. To achieve this ambitious roadmap, the Head of Reporting and Communications under the Director of Energy will be required to lead in the establishment of the NEOM Authority functions for Reporting on all aspects of Energy Production, End Use, Energy Market Operations, Emissions and Energy Security, Resilience and Reliability. These reporting and communication functions need to be established in a time critical manner whilst meeting the NEOM objectives of being lean and efficient whilst disrupting the excepted norms.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
Coordinate with all relevant sections within the NEOM company and Authority with a strong emphasis on the NEOM Energy and Water Co. and the Infrastructure function of the Authority. Build strong relationships with KSA bodies, particularly with Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Industry and WERA. Ensure the strategic planning and markets design, coupled with regulations and policies enable the energy sector to establish itself and attract investment in Energy and wider industry to make NEOM the best place in the world to live and do business whilst achieving the goals of a sustainable zero carbon region and existing in harmony with nature. Ensure NEOM builds a robust Energy sector based on the following:
Energy activities reporting and communications
- Establish a strategy framework to govern all aspects of energy reporting by NEOM and reporting to NEOM by all relevant energy parties
- Establish a strategy and framework to govern all aspects of NEOM energy communications
- Establish the rules and procedures relating to energy reporting and communications
- Ensure alignment with other functions and departments on reporting topics
Technology & standards
- Ensure the required reporting and communication capabilities, platforms and standards are established in a timely manner
- Adopt innovative processes and technology to drive efficiencies
- Ensure the reporting and communications encourage and drive investment
- Ensure the NEOM energy website(s), social media, publications and public relations campaigns are aligned and effective in achieving NEOM’s goals
- Represent NEOM at relevant conferences and tradeshows to make it more attractive to investors
- Attend industry workshops
- Organize reporting roundtables regularly at NEOM
- Contribute to NEOM content regarding digital innovations
- Promote Energy’s activities’ awareness throughout NEOM and socialize all innovative aspects
Energy Alignment and Investment(s)
- Maintain strong relationships with officials from the base economy entities, particularly MoE/ WERA
- Engage with partner startups and JV companies
- Liaise with user groups and relevant NEOM-based industry organizations
Represent NEOM at relevant local and international organizations
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree (preferably in marketing, journalism, public relations or in a related field). Masters level preferred.
- Registration with a relevant professional institution would be an advantage.
Qualifications and Experience.
- 8- 12 years of experience in digital content, producing written communications, ideally with some background in energy or a regulated environment
- 7 plus years of supervisory experience in public or private sector organizations involving external communications
- Free Accommodation.
- Free Laundry and housekeeping.
- Free transportation.
- 2 flights per month domestic round trip.
- 1 Annual Travel Allowance.
- Relocation Flight.
- Free Meals ( breakfast, lunch, dinner ).
- Schooling - 60K SAR per child up to 3 children.
- Bonus 20-30% annual (performance based).
- Savings Plan ( Long-term incentive plan ).
- Medical insurance ( VVIP health coverage), for Employee, Family & Parents.
- Annual Leave 30 working days annual.
- Remote Working 24 working days annual.
- Public Relations