About the Business
Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal our people are our most valuable asset and we invest in developing our management and leadership talent throughout our operations.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Engineering Maintenance Manager, you will be a part of a dynamic and motivated team. The role will require you to:
Skills and Experience
- Undertake the statutory position and responsibilities of Mechanical Engineering Manager.
- Manage mechanical safety and standards.
- Implement, monitor and review standards of mechanical engineering.
- This is a statutory role focused on safety and legislative compliance.
- A NSW practicing certificate of competence as an underground mine mechanical engineer.
- A strong knowledge of mining legislation and industry standards.
- Strong mechanical engineering ability.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience preferred in a similar role however inexperienced candidates encouraged to apply.
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The following benefits are available to eligible salaried employees:
- Corporate Subsidised Health Cover Premiums
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance Cover
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Educations Assistance
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
- Flexible Work Arrangements
If you would like to apply for this role please click the Apply button.
The successful candidate is expected to live within 100km of the mine.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the advertisement before the advertised end date and commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Regulatory Compliance
- Safety Principles