Based in Houston, TX, this position is with Max Digital Services (MDS) team. MDS is developing the Industrial IoT platform for all NOV Business Segments.
This role is a hands-on Software Engineer who will be responsible for developing IoT applications platform and solutions. The ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question assumptions and be imaginative.
As a Senior Microservices Developer you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support.
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document engineering software applications.
- Ensure that technical software development process is followed on the project, familiar with industry best practices for software development.
- Understand the requirement, decompose a high-level development epic into small development activities and work with team members of various experience levels.
- Make recommendations for new technology, based on emerging industry trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required
- 6+ years of experience in the software industry, which at least 5 years are in IoT platform and application development
- Possess strong experience in design and development of full stack web applications with emphasis on Micro-Services architecture.
- Strong experience in GoLang, C/C++, Kubernetes, Containers, RESTful services
- Database experience must be familiar with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Hands-on in design and code reviews
- Experience working with cloud based, distributed architectures, AWS is a plus
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind: NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. NOV values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Software Development Life Cycle
Relational Database Management Systems