When it comes to environmental consulting, we see the world as our greatest resource. That’s why clients trust Jacobs to help solve their most complex environmental challenges and opportunities. We partner with government agencies, municipalities, private sector companies and leading environmental organisations to safely clean-up legacy liabilities for redevelopment, and deliver proven industry expertise on new infrastructure, sustainability and environmental health and safety initiatives around the globe.
Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
This role is responsible for implementation of Jacobs HSE processes in the Philippines office and field projects. Also assists in the development, implementation and administration of the Asia wide HSE initiatives working directly with the Asia HSE Manger
- Maintains expert knowledge of specific requirements imposed by governmental agencies and Jacobs policies & procedures and ensures that Philippines operations meets or exceeds these requirements.
- Maintain and manage the HSE audit & inspection schedule, ensure audits/inspections are conducted as per schedule, closeout actions are in place/communicated and records maintained in line with regional requirements.
- Coordinate/run and be a focal point for HSE forums in Philippines such as Beyond Zero Committee, Project HSE committees and ensure that these forums are a proactive platform for HSE innovations.
- Ensures all new employees are assigned the correct worker category and have undertaken the required HSE trainings such as Global & Local HSE induction, ADT, Ergonomic and other HSE trainings. Where required, ensure that these trainings are supplemented with local content as needed.
- Supports implementation of Jacobs HSE processes such as Step Back, Beyond Zero Observations in Philippines office and field projects.
- Ensure HSE reports are produced on time and with the right level of information.
- Ensure accidents/incidents are being reported, investigated and reports produced in a timely manner.
- Assists in the development, communication and promotion of HSE program requirements to management and staff.
- Assists with business development and proposal health, safety and environment inputs.
- Under general direction, indirectly manage & coach Philippine staff at various levels of operations. Provides technical leadership and guidance to Singapore staff to ensure Jacobs culture of caring policies & procedures are understood and being enforced.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of potential risks on projects and identifies potential mitigation measures.
- Recommends improvements to HS&E tools, processes, policies and training
Here's What You'll Need:
- Postgraduate Safety and/or environmental studies preferred
- Registered Safety Officer (MOM)
- Experience in a similar capacity, particularly with experience on EPC, construction projects and consultant roles.
- The incumbent in the role would be a strategic and use your highly developed interpersonal skills to partner with the Asia HSE Manager and Executive Director of Operations (EDO) Singapore to lead the development of an effective culture that is HSE focused on minimising harm and creating positive change in all aspects of health, safety, environment
- To be considered for this opportunity you will have exceptional influencing abilities and a successful track record implementing safety systems, processes and behaviors. You will have a solid understanding of behavioral safety and be at ease communicating and consulting with individuals at all levels.
- Known for your analytical and problem-solving skills, you will be comfortable making robust and trusted recommendations to management and thrive on creating positive changes which contribute to the development and evolution of a safety culture within Jacobs.
- This is an outstanding opportunity for an aspiring professional seeking that next challenge in their career
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.