DE BEERS GROUP – THE WORLD’S LEADING DIAMOND COMPANY
We are the world’s leading diamond company – a unique, luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people.
As we embark on a journey to accelerate the transformation of our business into one that is better positioned to realise the opportunities ahead of us, we welcome and encourage diverse perspectives from those individuals who spark fresh thinking and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
We’ll provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions and – working together – you’ll help us realise our own ambition to be the pioneer of a new diamond world.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us.Job Description
Reporting to the Group Principal Health, Occupational Medical Practitioner provides subject matter expertise and best practice guidance on occupational health management (i.e. occupational hygiene and occupational medicine) to the De Beers Group of Companies. The role is involved with assisting with Occupational Health management of policies, standards, processes and management systems to facilitate the delivery of the occupational elements of the De Beers S&SD strategy and responsible for monitoring and reporting on performance and associated risk management.
- Monitor and report on occupational health performance to different stakeholders.
- Provide subject matter and expert input into the S&SD strategy, policy, standards, processes and targets.
- Review, Develop and communicate Disease Management program.
- Provide on site Occupational Health and Hygiene program.
- Engage with key stakeholders within the appropriate governance framework.
- Conduct Level 3-5 health incident Reviews.
- Conduct best practice identification and broad scanning activities including legislative developments.
- Provide expert leadership for De Beers on strategic occupational health issues and management of high-level occupational health risks.
- Degree qualification in occupational health / occupational hygiene / community health or a relevant Science degree acceptable for membership of a professional institution such as ICOH, IOHA, etc.
- Post graduate degree in related area and/or a business related management qualification would be preferential.
- Occupational health working experience in a large corporate.
- At least 7 years of experience in an Occupational health related role, of which at least 5 years in either consultancy or industry.
- Operational experience gained from one or more of the following sectors: mining, oil and gas, utilities; construction; logistics, power generation or heavy industrial production.
Who we are:
Established in 1888, De Beers Group is the world’s leading diamond company with unrivalled expertise in the exploration, mining, sorting, valuing, selling and marketing of diamonds. Together with our joint venture partners, we operate in more than 20 countries across six continents.
We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
We build partnerships and connect with our people and their communities to make a positive contribution to the wider world. We’re constantly developing new ways to make an impact and build a beneficial legacy. We call it ‘Building Forever’ - it’s fundamental to our pioneering spirit and the purposeful way we do business.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
This role is open only to individuals who currently have right to work in the country stated and we will not be supporting any individuals who might need to relocate.
Oil And Gas
Oil And Gas