Join one of the largest renewable owners, operators and developers in the U.S., delivering innovative, renewable power solutions that accelerate the world towards a sustainable, low-carbon future. With current U.S. assets under management valued at $20 billion and over 190 utility-scale renewable energy generating facilities located across 34 states, Brookfield Renewable U.S. offers a multitude of career opportunities. Our dynamic organization is focused on our mission to optimize and drive value across our renewable energy portfolio, advancing the transition to a sustainable, clean energy future. Our value also extends well beyond the clean energy we produce. From our extensive renewable power fleet we make positive economic, social and environmental impacts in the communities where we live and work.
Brookfield Renewable U.S. attracts high-performing individuals who are driven to make an impact in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We encourage collaboration across all levels of experience to promote learning, generate best ideas, and deliver quality results, with the aim for growth and career development. We offer unparalleled opportunity to lead and manage one of the largest renewable energy businesses with decades of history, while contributing to the global need for sustainable energy.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis, the incumbent will be responsible for providing analysis and insights into the business results for management reporting purposes. This position presents a challenging opportunity to participate in a growth-oriented organization and to gain exposure and understanding of the energy industry.
- Actively participate in the annual budgeting process, including coordination with various stakeholders across the organization, the consolidation and analysis of budgets and the preparation of management reports and presentations;
- Actively participate in the monthly forecasting process, including coordination with various stakeholders across the organization, the consolidation and analysis of forecasts and the preparation of management reports and presentations comparing to the budget, prior year and prior forecast;
- Prepare various types of financial analyses using key performance indicators specific to the renewable energy industry;
- Assist with the integration of newly acquired or developed assets into the reporting framework.
- Develop and manage analytical tools and processes to improve the quality and transparency of financial performance reporting and to facilitate ad hoc reporting;
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, ensuring process changes are appropriately implemented, documented and communicated;
- Provide support to the Manager, FP&A in various related activities and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to draw insights from information and convey complex information in a straightforward manner;
- Excellent written communication skills to convey technical accounting and financial performance in a clear and concise manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work with and build relationships with a diverse group at all levels of the organization;
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration combined with a recognized professional designation (CPA or CFA);
- Minimum three (3) years of related work experience;
- Background of in-depth financial analysis and management reporting;
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative;
- Knowledge of IFRS is considered an asset;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
International Financial Reporting Standards