As Operations Manager, you will work closely with the Plant Manager to provide direction to and drive engagement in the production department. You will support a culture of safety ownership and continuous improvement and ensure delivery of key performance indicators including OEE, On-time delivery, and Request Date Service Level. AS AN OPERATIONS MANAGER, YOU WILL:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Manage and develop a team of supervisors to ensure desired level of employee engagement including: developing and supporting a culture of listening, taking decisive actions, recognizing excellent performance, and holding employees accountable for undesirable behaviors
- Drive engagement in the company safety program to meet zero total recordables
- Provide overall direction for scheduling, production capacity and planning to meet customer expectations
- Develop manufacturing capabilities to meet customer needs
- Partner directly with Quality Manager to ensure adherence to customer quality standards and achievement of quality goals, oversee proper training for employees on quality standards, and verify adherence to proper quality procedures
- Incorporate and foster continuous improvement by utilizing lean principles and determining root cause and corrective measures to reduce waste in the plant; recommending preventative maintenance requirements to guarantee safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Develop manufacturing personnel skills to meet needs of manufacturing customers
- Budget for manufacturing expenses, and control and reduce manufacturing costs
- Improve manufacturing systems for optimal quality, OTD, cost
- Plan capital equipment needs for manufacturing
You create a positive and motivating environment. You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You partner with others to get work done. You establish clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results. You seek ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering. You provide direct and actionable feedback. You evaluate pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or related field of study, or equivalent experience plus 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with ERP software (JDE preferred)
- Proven Leadership qualities of managing direct reports in fast-paced operations environment
- Demonstrated success with Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, and/or Cost-Savings initiatives
- Passion for safety of employees
- Experience motivating and developing employees
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- MS or MBA from an accredited institution
- 10 years of professional-level manufacturing experience including 5 years in management
- Lean Champion or Lean background
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Overall Equipment Effectiveness
Continuous Improvement Process