We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Job title: Testing & Commssioning Engineer
Based at: Brasov / Sighisoara
Alstom in Romania has been present for over 20 years employing today around 1100 people. Alstom, registered major success in infrastructure, signaling and also services. The long term service agreement for the maintenance of the rolling stock of Metrorex is a major reference and shows the expertise of Alstom in this field. Alstom will continue to grow his business in Romania proposing further services for the local market and export, creating regional hub in Services and Signaling.
The Brasov Sighisoara Project is part of the program of rehabilitation of the line “Brasov-Sighisoara” that is part of the European Corridor IV. The purpose of the project is to increase the running speed from 120 km/h to 160 km/h. The increase of the running speed requires the implementation of “the signalling code with four indications on BLA distances” and of “the signalling system with multi-step speed (MSS) in stations”. The home signals and the departure signals in each station will be relocated, because of the railway track systematization works. The existing train speed control and automatic stopping system (INDUSI) will be maintained for the trains running at speeds up to 120km/h that are not equipped with on-board ETCS unit (OBU). At “green” and “Blinking green” indications, the 500 Hz and 1000/2000 Hz indicators will be passive. For the national and international trains running at speeds up to 160km/h, and equipped with on-board ETCS unit (OBU), the ETCS Level 2 system with GSM-R will be implemented. This system transmits the movement authorization, the speed profile, etc, by GSM-R, to the on-board ETCS unit that controls the train speed.
Manage the whole Testing and Commissioning activities including resources organization and mobilization on site..
Specific responsibilities of the role:
- Elaborate the T&C program and the tests chain for the whole project together with T&C Manager, taking into account each partner;
- Define the necessary resources (human and material) to carry out the tasks;
- Organize activities, operating instructions, procedures, quality requirements, milestones and Permit to Work system for the Test and Commissioning activities;
- Ensure that the equipment used to execute the tests conforms to the local legislation;
- Ensure the presence and validity of the certificates (checking reports, gauging) of the equipment and tools used for the tests;
- Check that the follow-up of the measuring equipment used during the tests is made according to the clauses of the contract;
- Check that the tests are realized according to the updated procedures and drawings, having the “Good for Execution” status;
- Report to the T&C Manager all major events and decisions which can have a major impact on the Site activity and/or the general progress of the project, and propose the relevant measures of conservation;
- Establish and transmit to the T&C Manager the data related to T&C activities for the computerized Site Progress Report (Operating Instruction);
- Establish with T&C Manager the summary of Non-Conformances, their follow-up and their Quality related costs;
- Establish together with T&C Manager the main Minutes of Meeting with the client and subcontractors (with critical issues and particular points);
- Ensure all necessary means are implemented by Alstom and by Subcontractors to realize T&C activities complying with EHS requirements;
Qualifications & Experience
- Engineer with a degree in electrical engineering specialty;
- Higher knowledge of electric field;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in testing activity;
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet;
- Advanced skills in using specific measurement devices for measurements at Power Supply and Contact Line installation;
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Agile Methodology
- Electrical Engineering
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Infrastructure Management