The Senior Hydraulic Engineer (Water Networks) is a key role within the NEOM Water Transmission, Storage & Distribution (TS&D) team, as it will help deliver NEOM Water’s vision of a World Class Smart and Connected Water infrastructure, utilizing the latest, and future Innovation and Technology.
NEOM Water’s TS&D network will be the world’s most innovative system and reflective of the 21st Century. It will be fully connected to the Internet of Water (IoW) to allow real-time monitoring and control of all assets.
From a water networks background, with in depth knowledge of hydraulic modelling, hydraulic design of water networks, asset management and ESRI GIS, the successful candidate will have at least 15 years’ post graduate experience within the water industry, with a minimum of 5 years with smart networks and have a master’s Degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the NEOM Water utility company Hydraulic Model, for transmission and distribution networks.
- Help provide the integration of hydraulic models with real time data and field assessment to develop the operational strategy for the utility operations, within a GIS platform.
- Provide integration of the model with real time data and field assessment to develop the operational strategy for the utility operations.
- Expert user of hydraulic analysis software and development of design solutions for a rapidly expanding city.
- Able to relate to practical experience in the implementation of hydraulic packages to the delivery of water transmission and distribution systems.
- Model Build and calibration of water transmission and distribution networks.
- Using network models for asset planning, operational and design purposes
- Water Distribution network analysis and hydraulic design
- Detailed Zonal Studies delivery, Pressure Management and DMA Design
- System performance assessments
- Leakage Management
- Development of sustainable, cost-effective and customer-focused solutions
- Management and co-ordination of site teams relating to site investigations, verification exercises and constructability reviews
- Preparation and presentation of technical reports and business cases
- Ability to generate reports and compile data to form accurate and accountable records of performance standards.
- Forward thinking and willing to challenge typically accepted norms to achieve new working methods and practices.
- Able to relate to practical experience in the implementation of smart water transmission and distribution systems.
- Work closely with Data Analysts to capture, process data in real-time, enabling real-time control through human and machine interfaces.
Education & Experience
- Minimum BE/BSc, Environmental, Civil & Mechanical Engineering with strong and proven expertise in development of hydraulic transmission and distribution models and networks.
- Minimum of 15 years post graduate project experience
- With extensive Consultancy or Utility experience in the water sector, you will be fluent with WaterGEMS, WaterHammer, WaterCAD, ESRI GIS, AutoCAD.
- Esri Gis (Software)
- Service Orientation