NOV Canada ULC – Completion and Production Tools is seeking applicants for five Field Service Specialists to join our team based out of Grande Prairie, AB. The Field Service Specialists will oversee and install NOV Completion Tools equipment at customer job sites. The Field Service Specialist will account for, caliper, and measure all equipment against job packets, well data, tallies, while organizing paperwork and helping customers with tool placements. Our Grand Prairie Field Service Specialist will also play an active part in customer sales and service activities. This includes speaking with customers and following up on sales leads, and assisting in developing our customer base in the Grand Prairie region.
- Supervise all aspects of job preparation, tool assembly, deployment, and installation ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
- Identify possible problems in running equipment while communicating with the customer and NOV Operations.
- Maintain Communication with the Operations Team and update the team before, during, and after service work.
- Ensure that all possible preparations have taken place, equipment is fit for use, and all pre-installation checks have been carried out, as well as ensure that all documentation is accurate and accounted for.
- Oversee installation of all equipment at customer job sites including any third-party equipment being run in conjunction with NOV equipment.
- Maintain appropriate contact with a customer representative at the well-site from point of dispatch to our release from location and arrival back to our base of operations.
- Produce in-depth reports of all well site activities prior to and during installation.
- Account for, caliper, and measure all NOV and third party equipment against job specifications
- Perform hydraulic calculations including displacements, capacities, buoyancies, and pressures, and record on schematics and reports.
- Accurately complete installation reports, schematics, and field tickets.
- Demonstrate availability and be fit for work during on-call rotation.
- Performing day-to-day shop activities when required.
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of five years experience in conventional completion, coil tools.
- Extensive technical and practical knowledge of downhole tools, liner hangers, packers, stage tools, annulus casing packers, and coil tools, production, and service packers, and various frac systems.
- Evaluating wellbore conditions and recognizing potential problems prior to development
- Understand the effects of downhole hydraulics and how it pertains to tool function and set up
- Ability to perform required calculations such as downhole hydraulics, displacements, tallies and tubing movements
- Ability to read and understand engineering handbooks
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Most notably Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint, and One Drive
- Live in the Grande Prairie area.
- Must submit to a Physical Test
- Clean Drivers Abstract
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Integrity and Trust
- Peer Relationship
- Action Oriented
- Conflict Management
- Timely Decision Making
- Shop environment orientation (exits, fire extinguishers, first aid & eyewash stations, spill kits, propane storage) and yard environment (building locations, processes);
- Standing, walking, squatting, bending, reaching, and walking (further details to be reviewed on JHA);
- All applicable Field Service on-site ticket requirement as per HSE Manager and client requirements;
- Strong safety leadership and a proven record of commitment to fulfilling all safety documentation requirements and duties;
- PPE training for possible noise exposure, mists/vapors, gloves, safety glasses and steel toed boots;
- WHMIS training
Preferred method of application and to view all opportunities visit: [ Link removed ]
No phone calls, please
National Oilwell Varco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind: NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. National Oilwell Varco values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
With over 40 different locations in Canada, and 30, 000 people worldwide, NOV is proud to offer their employees competitive pay and excellent benefits, including a company matching contribution to RRSP, Health Spending Account, and employer-paid premiums. We are also proud to provide on-the-job training, with potential for advancement within our organization and an Educational Assistance Program.
National Oilwell Varco thanks all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Conflict Management
- Customer Satisfaction
- Decision Making