The Specialist, Accounts Payable is mainly responsible for the posting of Invoices and Expenses in compliance to general accounting principles and company policies and procedures. This includes validation, identification & completeness of required variables, such as, approvals, cost centers/coding, tax codes, etc. based on standard processes and site specific statutory requirements.
He/she is required to perform less complex invoice issue resolution based on solutions provided by Senior Specialist/Team Lead/Supervisor.
Detailed Job Responsibilities
Duty 1: Invoice/Expense Processing
• Validate approval, completeness and correctness of invoice details
• Identify required invoice details for countries with specific statutory requirements.
• Process invoices/expenses in the system either by using cost center provided or by matching invoices with appropriate purchase orders receipts.
• Enters scanned link in the Oracle and updates invoice details in database
• Uploads paper invoices in database received via electronic mail
• Follow non-standard corrective actions (investigate and correct specific line item, apply approved credit note or debit note, etc.) based on the resolution provided by Senior Specialist/Team Leader/Supervisor on issues escalated/resolution of aged items.
Duty 2: Issue//Exception Items Resolution
• Reviews and recommends resolution of exception items
• Troubleshoot and resolves disputes encountered on invoice and recommends adjusting entries to resolve. Coordinate with buyers/vendors to educate proper handling of disputes identified.
• Proposes adjusting entry for posting
Duty 3: Reports and Reconciliation
• Records and submits periodic and/or quarterly transaction records, log sheets and/or trackers
• Reconciles intercompany SOA vs ledger. Analyze balances and calculate inventoriable and non-inventoriable items and recommend appropriate entries to post
• Resolves intercompany imbalances, prepare, and propose journal adjustments to fix
• Must be a bachelor's degree holder in Accounting or any other Accounting-related course About Emerson
• Must have 1-5 years related working experience in Accounts Payable (Invoice processing, Invoice resolution, Reconciliation, and Reports Analysis)
• Practical knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications
• Good English communication skills, both written and oral
• Experience working in a shared service set up is an advantage.
• Must be amenable to work in Quezon City on either day or mid shift schedule.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Adjusting Entries
- Accounts Payable
- Invoice Processing