Element has an opening in its analytical chemistry group for a Wet Chemist. This person will prepare and analyze a variety of types of samples per USP/NF/EP and other methods, perform complicated spreadsheet calculations and word processing reporting. Must have advanced computer skills, be a self starter, understand chemistry, and want to learn.
Skills / Qualifications
- Conduct analyses of chemical samples to various specifications
- Method development according to clients needs
- Perform method validations according to USP requirements
- Observe and recognize deviations in results that could lead to inaccuracies, make remedies to assure reliable and accurate results
- Maintain and operate lab equipment. Recognize and investigate malfunctioning equipment and take action to repair or arrange for service.
- Be involved in and participate in health & safety and QA/QC committees
- Strong Chemistry background
- BSc in Chemistry or equivalent a must
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Working knowledge of Karl Fischer, Optical Rotation, titrations, and sample preparation a plus
- Pharmaceutical analytical lab experience preferred
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
- Occupational Safety And Health
- Optics And Eye Wear Duties
- Self Motivation