Shell Creative Services is an in-house design studio supporting Shell Lubricants Marketing in North America. We operate in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with high-volume output supporting leading lubricants brands across multiple channels. Creative Services is responsible for packaging design and production, print and interactive promotions, Marketing and trade advertising, digital solutions, live events and brand stewardship.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for translating marketing and brand strategies into effective design solutions. The Graphic Designer will provide concept development, design and production for projects including, but not limited to, product packaging, print and digital Marketing communications, Marketing collateral, digital and social media, motorsports, live events, etc. The Graphic Designer needs minimum supervision to execute design solutions that satisfy the project objectives while adhering to brand standards, print and digital specifications, naming conventions, etc. Works with project managers, production artists, art director, clients and vendors. Minimum 3-5+ years of experience. Must be very proficient in graphics software including Adobe Creative Suite and other leading industry software solutions.
The ideal candidate is highly creative and collaborative, a critical thinker, problem-solver and visual communicator.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate the ability to concept & develop artwork, proofread, prepare comps, build print ready files, maintain digital assets, perform pre-flight checks, uphold accurate file maintenance, provide occasional back-up and creative support to fellow designers.
- Work and communicate closely with Project Coordinators to support the project initiatives and ensure that all design and production aspects of the deliverables are on track.
- Works closely with all levels, including management and employees, Designers, Coordinators, Print Production Manager and suppliers.
- Design in accordance with marketing briefs and brand standards.
- Extend design concepts to different formats and mediums.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow corporate and departmental procedures.
- Attend meetings, present concepts, communicate project status, updates or changes.
- Act as a subject matter expert to uphold brand standards.
- Act as quality control before releasing artwork for route or print by ensuring brand standards are met, approvals are provided, and reviewed for spelling and grammar.
- BFA with a concentration in graphic design and 3-5+ years of related experience. Packaging experience a plus.
- Thorough understanding of departmental procedures and project management solutions.
- Thorough understanding of creative process and understanding of terms and software/equipment required to develop/produce creative.
- Expert knowledge of graphics software, primarily Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
- Strong knowledge of printing processes and ability to effectively utilize appropriate methods.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with all levels of people.
- Ability to react quickly in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Effective decision-making skills necessary to manage diverse and multiple jobs.
- Disciplined, self-motivated, organized, possess excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with the ability to work in a diverse environment or independently.
- Proven ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to think creatively; proactively adapt to changing environment; act decisively, motivate and inspire others.
STATEMENT OF OTHER DUTIES
This document describes the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complex Problem Solving