At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Sr. Systems Engineer will possess the experience and skills to design and support in an advanced role within the Exelon IT organization by providing expert technical guidance, direction and insight to project managers and stakeholders regarding IT system solutions and improvements being deployed within the enterprise environment. . Must possess expert and skillful abilities to design and drive high priority and complex IT system initiatives and project design solutions [to include both cloud, non-cloud and hybrid cloud models].
The Sr. Systems Engineer will be expected to provide technical leadership to support delivery and maintenance of IT solutions supporting Exelon. Must have the ability to evaluate IT infrastructure and application solutions and make recommendations for supporting and improving application and data workloads within these hosting models. Demonstrate expertise for design, configuration and deployment, of current hosting services to support virtual hosting technologies, software defined datacenter technologies, hyper-converged datacenter hardware solutions, and software tools. This role will work in collaboration with other IT teams, leadership, enterprise business partners, vendors and project/design teams, in all aspects of the secure & reliable hosting of applications throughout Exelon’s large & complex enterprise and real time operational environments.PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Establish direction and determine need for IT assessments, designs, connectivity, validating the connectivity of various hosting vendors and deployment of associated technologies. Provide consulting, guidance and recommendations to senior leadership within these areas. Conduct technical discovery sessions with vendors and customers. Lead and coordinate business projects, planning, maintenance, and network connectivity for one or more major Business Units. Establish the design, configuration, deployment and operation of [cloud and non-cloud based] systems and assist with the migration of existing applications to new cloud hosting platforms. Provide expert-level IT systems engineering, design and operation consultation with leadership, project teams and end users to identify system requirements and establish feasibility analysis on potential changes related to security and technical architecture.
- Collaborate with leadership and others to develop future technology road maps, resource requirements, migration strategies, and project schedules. Develop and provide input into presentations and/or Engineering and Architecture Review Boards. Participate in potential refactoring, refresh, or redesign required during [cloud] migrations. Create documentation to install, replace, and upgrade [cloud] components and other application hosting solutions. Comprehend technologies and service offerings within the industry. Create requirement documents, SOW, logical & physical architecture diagrams, and implementation plans to integrate in business environments.
- Determine need and initiate product & service evaluation, testing, lab and mockup solutions as needed. Serve as a senior resource (Subject Matter Expert) [in the Hybrid Cloud enterprise journey] encompassing ongoing architecture, design, planning, configuration, implementation, testing and documentation of the enterprise IT systems hosting environment. Contribute to assigned IT projects and deployments to ensure solutions are delivered to meet business requirements. Accountable for engineering, implementing and supporting solutions at the component level, including hands-on configuration, troubleshooting and optimization and supporting metrics for the same.
- Provide and formalize feedback to leadership and peers to risks identified during business impact analysis, site risk assessments and disaster recovery planning. Assess, develop, design & support custom system integration with platforms, specific to the needs of the customers. Maintain relevancy and knowledge in current and evolving emerging application & hosting technologies.
- Continuous improvement with technical knowledge, industry trends and business acumen within all IT disciplines or functions.
- Position interacts with all levels of employees, including executives, vendors, involved in the design, connectivity, maintenance, review, approval, testing and communication of business plans.
- Position has expertise in Microsoft and or Oracle technologies and the integration of related services
- Position has senior level expertise and design competency in platform or application area of expertise, and tools/systems associated with these functions.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Mentors junior-level team members and others.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or related field) and 5 – 8 years' experience (IT infrastructure design, application design, [cloud computing], disaster/recovery, etc.) or 9 – 12 years equivalent job experience.
- Demonstrated consulting, presentation, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated expert proficiency in at least two engineering domains such as storage, compute, database, collaboration, application design, [cloud hosting and related technologies]
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Master’s Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Certification in area of expertise
- Experience or familiarity with serial communications (modems, terminal servers, etc.)
- Knowledge or experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. VirtualBox, VMware, Solaris LDOMS)
- Ability to think through complex problems and break them down into manageable tasks
- Fundamental understanding of enterprise systems as they relate to client-server implementations.
- Demonstrated leadership of a team at any level is helpful.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
[ Link removed ]