Our Water Catchment Management business provides a focus for advising our clients on the sustainable management of the natural water environment using scientific/engineering analysis and design expertise. Our mission is to be a global leader that puts water at the heart of a sustainable society. At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, we develop industry leading flood risk management technology and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders and to become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
About the opportunity:
We are recruiting experienced hydraulic modellers to meet rapidly increasing demand from our major clients. As a Senior Hydraulic Modeller you will join one of our dynamic modelling teams and immediately begin work delivering and supporting junior staff to deliver high profile and innovative flood modelling projects and programmes.
This is a 6 month contract, with possibility to become permanent for the right candidate. You will be working flexibly, either in offices or at home and we welcome part time and full time applicants to the role.
Well established within your career you are comfortable with a variety of roles. With well developed knowledge of hydrodynamic modelling you have applied this when supervising, coordinating and supporting junior staff. You are proactive and use your initiative to drive projects and are happy to take ownership of client relationships and contribute to business development and project management. Enthusiastic about water management you wish to work on increasingly complex projects and build your skills in project management, business development and leadership.
• Undergraduate degree (2:1 or above) in geography, engineering, environmental science or another relevant subject (or other relevant technical qualification)
• Well developed knowledge of Flood Modeller and TUFLOW software
• Excellent literacy, communication, analytical and numeracy skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Solid academic knowledge in hydraulics, hydrology and/or water resources
• Full Proficiency in GIS software such as Mapinfo/ArcGIS/QGIS
• Chartered or approaching chartership with ICE, CIWEM or a relevant professional body
• Experience of mentoring and guiding junior modelling staff
• Masters degree or doctorate in a related subject
• Hold a valid UK driving licence
• Skill or interest in UK Flood Hydrology, Flood Forecasting, ICM Infoworks
• Experience of flood risk management techniques and methods including option appraisals
• Proven ability to present to an audience of varying technical capability (public, clients, technical specialists)
• Experience of working with remote teams
We’re invested in you and your success. Our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. By supporting one another and through our culture of caring, we all succeed. The biggest questions spark our curious minds. We clear the way for inventive thinking and exploration, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. We redefine what’s possible. There’s something that drives everyone – and we want you to keep evolving your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go
‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as
STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and
Stonewall. We are also
Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of
Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
Geographic Information Systems
Quantum Gis (Qgis)