Emerson is looking for a highly motivated, self-directed individual to join our Manila Test team. As part of the team, your main role is to ensure product quality, predictability and delivery of our software products. As an Intermediate Software Test Engineer, your active involvement and participation is expected in the initiation and planning phase of a project throughout the execution phase and until test closure. The team is working with computer software systems whose software architecture is designed for the distributed enterprise using the latest technologies. The ideal candidate should have an aptitude for testing and leadership skills.
- Review and understand project documents (concept document, design document, user story, use case document, etc.)
- Defining test scope based on requirements, providing domain-level test estimates, developing and executing test plans, reporting issues, improving test process and providing information on product enhancements.
- Lead/Participate in task definition and project estimation
- Understand and analyze existing software
- Develop test plans and strategies that support the validation of software performance and determine scalability limits.
- Identify test cases and use cases that need to be created or updated.
- Analyze and Interpret data generated from performance test results.
- Create performance test documentation and collaborate with the development team to discuss these results.
- Collaborate with the team leads and developers to understand new functionality being delivered to ensure the validity of performance test
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Feature Developers to ensure product quality, predictability, delivery of our products.
- Follow the applicable product development processes and contribute to overall process improvement
- From a testability and quality standpoint, make decisions optimized for a broad view of the entire product, considering all of its features
- Provide input for technical manuals and user documentation as required
- Identify technical risks.
- Develop test configuration.
- Execute scripted and exploratory test cases.
- Incident review and triaging
- Troubleshoot test system issues.
- Plan validation work.
- Create test summary reports.
- Graduate of a BS Engineering course (ChE, EE, ECE, ME, Comp Sci, Comp Eng, ICE or equivalent degree) plus 2 to 4years of relevant experience or an MS Engineering graduate with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to troubleshoot systems and write technical report.
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate with the technology team
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Ability to collaborate remotely and in a multi-cultural environment
- Has attention to details, creative with good analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Experience in System Performance and Scalability testing
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting Windows operating systems and computer networks
- In-depth knowledge on Azure Devops is a strong plus.
- Experience in software development life cycle (SDLC)and software testing
- Familiarity with one of the following process industries: hydrocarbon processing, oil and gas, pulp and paper, specialty chemicals, pharmaceutical, food and beverage or power generation.
- Knowledgeable in Virtual Machines
- Experience working with databases such as MS SQL, MySQL etc
- Experience in popular test automation tools (specifically Ranorex)
- Experience in Agile Software Development is a BIG PLUS
- Experience with cloud-based applications using Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Systems Development Life Cycle