The Cyber Hygiene & Compliance Analyst primary function is to fulfil various research and analysis projects to address misconfiguration, compliance and overall hygiene issues driving complexity, volume and reducing quality of our overall Splunk logging strategy and decreasing efficiency of detections and response capabilities
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform research and analysis of log data to drive improvements in overall log quality
- Analyze security logs in Splunk to identify misconfigurations and compliance gaps that result in unnecessary or missing data in Splunk, and propose corrective actions aimed to improve data quality and reduce complexity for our analyst
- Collect feedback from organizations such as Governance, Risk and compliance, Incident Response and Data Analytics teams and prioritize research activities.
- Understand root cause and coordinate corrective actions and remediation activities with Security Operations and the broader IT Organizations
The employee will be expected to analyze various forms of log data to determine root cause, develop a timeline for corrective action activities, and articulate findings in technical detail as well as at an executive summary level. Employee will also be expected to produce PowerBI and/or Splunk reports that can be used by Security Operations and IT Operations teams to track remediation status
EDUCATION / LANGUAGE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- 1-5 years of technical work experience supporting Cybersecurity related functions
- Problem solving
- Ability to communicate/interact with various audiences, including executives
- Experience with large scale log management platforms (Splunk Preferred)
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI and basic proficiency with SQL
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (Python, Powershell, etc.)
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Information Security
- Data/Record Logging
- Data Quality
- Data Analysis
- Power Bi