The primary function is to apply and drive best project management practices across PCD while managing a team of Project Management Professionals who lead PCD’s key. Area of focus will be new product development projects and programs.
- Advanced understanding and demonstration of project management methodology and associated tools.
- Applies of state of the art Project and Portfolio Management practices and tools
(project start-ups, project planning, execution & tracking, etc.).
- Leads key / major PCD projects
- Ensures proper PROLaunch execution including requirements management and systems engineering
- Provides input and improvements to Eaton’s project execution processes (Jama, Jira, PROLaunch, Project Reviews, etc.)
- Leads major project reporting sessions (Projects and Peer Reviews, quarterly divisional reviews, etc.)
- Manages direct reports, conducts performance reviews, administers merit plan, oversees reward and recognition, and sets goals and development plans with direct reports.
- Fosters, forms and manages truly cross functional project teams
- Manages project resource across PCD: Promotes cross divisional resource exchange & utilization regardless of productline.
- Owns PCD’s NPD Portfolio Management & Prioritization process
- Communicates effectively and works closely with all levels of the organization, especially senior leadership to understand business priorities, processes, strategic objectives, and time/cost constraints.
- Captures and communicates lessons learned from current / past projects.
- ~$600M in revenue
- + 25 NPD programs per year
- Global program responsibilities – teams in APAC, EMEA, Americas
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 10 years of project management experience in new product development is required
- PMP certified or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing people
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Experience managing New Product Development (NPD) programs
- Experience in leading large cross-functional teams as part of development projects or programs
- Experience in developing, implementing and improving project and portfolio reports and tracking metrics
- Proficiency in managing people and resources to meet project accomplishments on schedule
- Good cross-boundary perspective to communicate and coordinate with other engineering managers, plant managers, product line managers and controllers
- Good, effective communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Master’s degree in Business or Program Management
- Experience working with global engineering resources
- Experience with Jama requirements management tools
- Experience with CA PPM portfolio management tools
- Experience using agile program management methodology
- Experience with electrical components (breakers, meters, relays, switches, etc.)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time