The Senior Storage and Backup/Recovery Engineer will be part of a high-performance infrastructure team responsible for effective day-to-day operation of the Backup and Storage Infrastructure within the enterprise. In this role, the Sr. Storage and Backup/Recovery engineer will provide storage, backup, recovery, and solutions support for the US-based Wipro HPS environment. The Engineer must be a hands-on person with strong storage and backup understanding not limited to SAN, NAS, EMC, Zoning, CIFS and NFS, deduplication, replication, security and data protection and disaster recovery.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
• Manage day-to-day administration and operational support of the storage, backup, and recovery enterprise infrastructure.
• Manage and support enterprise storage, backup, restore, archive related activities, metrics, and reporting.
• Work closely with platform operational support teams to fulfill routine requests, investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve production backup failures, including SAN fabric zoning and masking, NAS (CIFS/NFS) allocations, and failed backup/restore attempts.
• Create and Manage Dataset, Schedule, and Retention Policy. Monitoring AVAMAR backups and recovering failed backups
• Developing, implementing, and overseeing policies and procedures to ensure consistent storage provisioning, uptime, regulatory audit compliance, and data protection
• Establish/maintain metrics and detailed reporting of backup, restore, storage and fabric capacity and utilization.
• Perform capacity planning related to storage growth and system utilization, trend analysis and producing future storage requirement inputs for technology refresh.
• Ensure project and support documents are completed, current, appropriately stored and handed over to the Operations team
• Monitor enterprise ticketing of incident, service request, and change management requests and storage/backup tool-based alerts for all backup/restore and storage provisioning request and issues.
Support "on call" duties working closely with the NOC teams to help remediate operations issues as necessary
7+ years’ experience in a Storage and Backup role, preferably in a large enterprise setting.
5+ years’ experience with Dell/EMC Isilon, CIFS/NFS required
3+ years’ experience with Dell/EMC XtremeIO required
3+ years’ experience with Dell/EMC Avamar and Data Domain required
3+ years’ experience with Dell/EMC RecoverPoint preferred
3+ years’ experience with IBM XIV preferred
Experience with networking and SAN infrastructure (Brocade, Broadcom, Cisco, etc.)
Experience with configuring client-based Windows & Linux backup Policies
Experience monitoring and managing storage and backup in an enterprise environment, including developing and updating processes and procedures.
Experience with troubleshooting backup failures
Experience in disaster recovery
Hands-on experience with enterprise SAN (Storage Area Network) management to include capabilities and technologies such as: Fiber Channel zoning, FCoE (Fiber Channel over Ethernet) unified fabric, HBA/CNA (Host Bus Adapter/Converged Network Adapter), storage controllers, and LUN (Logical Unit Number), RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks), and file sharing / NAS (Network Addressable Storage).
Flexibility to be available during non-business hours for projects, maintenance, and non-planned emergency events.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Teamwork and communication skills highly recommended.
Customer service skills are highly recommended.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
• Industry recognized certifications are preferred
Normal degree of physical effort in typical office environment.
May be subject to interruptions.
Required to work on a computer.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Change Management