If you are a Metallurgy professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Boulder, Colorado location, you will perform basic and routine assignments requiring the application of standard techniques for product failure analysis, determine product compatibility with process fluids, provide input into product design activities, and meet other internal and external customer testing and material expertise demands. AS A METALLURGIST, YOU WILL:
- Work closely with experienced metallurgists to develop Product Analysis Reports (PAR) providing root cause analysis and thorough documentation of analysis procedure, findings, and conclusion.
- Work closely with experienced metallurgists to perform failure analysis on returned product using equipment including light microscope, stereo microscope, sample mounting/grinding/polishing equipment, hardness testers, scanning electron microscope (SEM), etc.
- Interface with repair and other company teams to carry out the tasks above.
- Update and maintain PAR and RMA tracking systems with status and distribution and archival of completed reports.
- Develop an understanding of metallurgy team outputs to enhance the work of other company teams, including MMI Boulder and other world areas, as well as other Emerson business units.
- Understand material compatibility recommendations for internal and external customers regarding use of product with specific fluid(s).
- Assist with providing material compatibility recommendations for updating MMI Corrosion Guide.
- Maintain proper condition of test equipment and identifies areas where maintenance might be required.
- Support the research tasks for aspects of soldering, brazing and welding materials or processes.
- Provide assistance (analysis, imaging, sampling/sectioning, etc) to internal customers.
WHO YOU ARE:
You manage uncertainty with confidence. You create a plan and outline for various audiences. You take time to ask questions and define the problem and make learning a priority and a goal. You know to prepare for unexpected outcomes and try different solutions. You build strong formal and informal networks.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay a competitive base salary, within the local market in which we operate, and reward performance during the annual merit review process. In accordance with Colorado EPEWA, the salary range for this role is $58,600 - $89,700 annually, commensurate with the skills, talent, capabilities, and experience each candidate brings to a role.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: [ Link removed ] .
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life. Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.
- Brazing (Metal Work)