Project Developer M/F
At Voltalia we are passionate about renewable energies! We are an electricity producer from wind, solar, hydro, biomass and storage and also a service provider to 3rd party clients such as Development, EPC, O&M and Distribution.Today we are in 20 countries, split among 4 continents, and offering a global operating capacity to our clients. We are listed on the regulated Euronext market in Paris since July 2014.
We are growing and we are looking for an experienced Project Developer to join our Development team and make a meaningful contribution to Italian’s renewable future.
The ideal candidate would have more than 7 years’ experience in developing utility scale renewable energy projects, with a background in Engineering or Project Management. This role will report to our Head of Development in Italy.
There will be opportunities to take responsibility for a substantial portfolio of projects and to gain experience in construction, finance and operations.
Your duties will include mainly:
- Project management of utility-scale renewable energy projects within the development portfolio.
- Coordination and management of the technical studies and planning documents, including EIA.
- Maintaining contact with the relevant municipalities and authorities and driving a successful planning approval.
- Developing relationships with stakeholders (local authorities, grid companies, landowners, regulatory agencies) in order to reduce the risk and cost associated with the planning process.
- Liaising and manage external consultants for planning services, where required.
- Coordinating with internal financial, technical and construction teams to create commercially competitive projects.
- Preparing a comprehensive, and competitive Business Plan, including initial financial modelling of projects in the portfolio.
- Managing the grid connection assessment, application, acceptance and milestones.
- Supporting the completion of land option and lease agreements.
- Consulting with external stakeholders.
- Maintaining project documentation.
- Internal progress reporting.
- Engineering degree or equivalent. Electrical Engineering is a plus
- Master’s degree in a technical field and/or business is a plus
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in greenfield renewable project development.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in project management (PMP qualification is a plus).
- Hands-on experience in Italian or European renewables market.
- Excellent knowledge of the Italian energy sector, regulation and regulatory environment.
- Track record in managing small, multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Strong network of contacts with the local authorities and regulators.
- Experience in closing finance or overseeing construction is a plus.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad, PVSys and various GIS tools.
- Fluent Italian and English.
- Positive attitude and motivational skills.
- Organized and able to plan work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Leadership capacity and team player.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent networking, persuasion, negotiation and deal closing skills.
- Excellent project management and customer relations skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Passion for performing on time and on budget.
- Self-motivated, autonomous and creative.
- Commitment to promoting the success of others.
- Open minded, willing to receive and accept feedback.
- Strong sense of personal and professional integrity.
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Closing Skills
- Coaching And Mentoring