Are you continuously looking to develop yourself and learn more about terminal automation? If you have a feel of new technologies and you enjoy working with the customer throughout the lifetime of a project then we are the perfect match for you!
We are looking for a Terminal Automation Technical Specialist to build a vision for terminal automation using Emerson’s TerminalManager and DeltaV solutions and articulate that vision both to the customer and the project team. By joining us in this role you will be part of the sales team (consultative selling) and you will support the project from design to successful completion.
Your expertise will be focused on the Oil & Gas industry and you will provide leadership and mentor resources in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
If you are ready to raise the bar and this sounds like an exciting job for you, we encourage you to join our team in Rijswijk, Netherlands! Specific job responsibilities
- Assess customer’s processes, installations, infrastructure, work processes, IT systems, interfaces to other systems (ERP, LIMS, Tank Inventory, etc) as well as automation layers to identify business opportunities where the Terminal Manager & DeltaV solution can be optimally applied.
- Work with customers to map the as-is and to-be business processes, set strategic vision, specify terminal automation requirements and operational improvements based on the results of site assessments, and quantify encouraging benefits. This may also include the provision of FEED studies.
- Provide solution and engineering estimates for tenders, including assessment and advice on technical and commercial risks during the pursuit of potential Terminal Automation projects and ensure that risks are accurately addressed.
- Perform high-level business and technical analysis such as value-stream mapping, requirements definition, validation planning, and gap analyses from user requirements. Maintain industry expertise and Terminal Automation knowledge leadership, working with domain specialists and industry solutions groups.
- Follow the project into the delivery phase providing support and consultancy to the technical lead/senior team members and attend significant customer progress meetings.
- Engineering degree or equivalent, with a proven record in the Process Control and/or Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) business with a focus on the Oil & Gas industry.
- Previous experience of business process mapping, requirements analysis, scope definition (and then handling a project to that scope), design and implementation of process control solutions
- Relevant project management and technical leadership experience
- Excellent knowledge and solid experience with Process Control systems, termination automation processes, data integration, server hardware, and networks
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills, and a high level of customer interfacing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills, proficient in English (written and spoken) with additional languages preferred
- Willingness to travel in Europe (up to 50%) is required, travel can be for shorter periods of time or longer assignments (e.g. assessments, tests at customer site) as required.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
OUR OFFER TO YOU
By joining Emerson as a Terminal Automation Technical Specialist, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the outstanding perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
GET TO KNOW US
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com ([ Link removed ] )
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Business Process Mapping
User Requirements Documents