Maxeon Solar Technologies is a global leader in solar innovation. Built from 35 years of boundary-pushing solar innovation, Maxeon designs, manufactures, and sells industry-leading SunPower branded solar products. Maxeon is Powering Positive Change every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 5,000 people globally.
We push the boundaries, taking solar technology higher, faster, and farther than before.
We hold ourselves to a higher standard, striving for the highest integrity, safety, and quality.
We thrive together as a global team, embracing our diverse backgrounds to make a positive impact on the world.
Join us in POWERING POSITIVE CHANGE™
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Maxeon is seeking a high-energy, customer-focused Technical Product Manager as a critical member of the Platforms and Services team. This role will be overseeing the technical lifecycle of applications running on Maxeon’s platform. An affinity to translate commercial requirements to user stories and technical designs is essential for success in this role just as much as decisive management of the day-to-day development activities and testing. Core responsibilities include leading one or more development teams as product owner, formulating requirements towards Maxeon’s platform developments, implementing new partnerships, technologies and integrations, designing application architectures in line with the overall system architecture.
The ideal candidate will be strong on the technical side but always be guided by user experience and business KPIs. Prepare material and support engagements with stakeholders across our customers, partners, suppliers and Maxeon’s internal organization. This person must have a passion for leading development projects, understand business flows and be ready to drive detailed decisions based on wider organizational context. This position reports to the Director Platforms & Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare overall architecture for Maxeon’s applications
- Assist shaping Maxeon’s technology vision
- Deliver according to a roadmap of products, platforms and integrations
- Act as the central point of contact in projects with partners, developers and agencies
- Lead the development of Maxeon’s applications
- Have a view of related technologies deployed in Maxeon
- Provide input on long-term technology strategy
- Measure success metrics and impact of your work
- Lead and coach the development teams, both internal and external, through agile sprint cycles
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Total of 10+ years of relevant experience
- Ideally 5+ years of experience in designing and architecting applications
- Experience in both mobile and web
- Being an ecosystems thinker, being able to conceptually connect dots between applications and platform
- Being a self-starter, thriving in a team environment and accepting constructive criticism as part of continuous improvement in the design quality.
- Experience working across multidiscipline and the Agile way of working
- Ability to understand and communicate the “big picture” and break it down into smaller manageable work units.
- Experience with platforms like AWS, ReactJS, Android and iOS
- Experience in Emerging technologies including Serverless Architecture and PWA
- Well versed in building products based on modern client-side frameworks
- Solid understanding of client security and market leading SSO
- Obsessed with understanding the needs of the users of your applications
- Demonstrable success in launching new products or features with clear metrics and impact; ideally in a fintech, ecommerce or startup environment
- Healthy blend of strategic thinking capabilities with an innate "dream big, start small" mindset and a keen eye for detail
- Empathy for users and a drive to discover and resolve their pain points.
- An analytical and a data-driven approach to problem solving
- An owner’s mindset - you don’t shy away from the hard stuff
- Passion for building delightful product experiences
Equal Employment Opportunity
Maxeon Solar Technologies is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by national, federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Web Services
- Android 4.0
- Attention To Detail