Specialist System Engineer, Control System
Start date: Urgent
Duration: 12 month initial
Rate: Negotiable based on experience level
For one of our subsea EPCI clients in Kongsberg, we look to make the addition of a contract Specialist System Engineer focusing on Control Systems on projects globally, but mainly on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
Unfortunately, we are unable to secure sponsorship for this role, so a successful candidate will need to have the right to live and work in Norway unrestricted.
In Controls & Automation product line the client team are developing the technology platforms for the electrification of Subsea Control Systems and enabling of renewable energy sources like offshore wind, hydrogen and wave.
In Controls & Automation you will be involved in design, development, qualification, system integration, and production of new products / systems throughout commissioning and introduction to field operation. The development environment is multidisciplinary with HW, SW, system, test, mechatronics and production engineering.
Whilst challenging, this contract role will provide the opportunity for a mid-level engineer to gain exposure on flagship North Sea projects and progress within the business on a renewable contract basis with permanent opportunities in the future.
But what do they want from you?
You have competence within one or more of the areas below:
- General knowledge of process design and control engineering
- Control system programming/configuration.
- Specification, design, qualification automation products and systems.
- Multi discipline competence within control system, instrumentation, and power
- Ability to take on multidiscipline responsibility.
- Power electronics of different topologies either in the AC or DC domain.
You have following qualifications:
- BSc or MSc in controls, automation, electronics, or similar engineering
- Capable of structural approach to solve complex problems
- Open-minded, speak professional English, and adaptable for working
in multicultural environment
- Continuously raising standards, innovative and solution oriented.
Please do not hesitate to contact Angus McCormick directly to discuss in more detail.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!
- Control Engineering
- Control Systems
- Diversity Awareness
- Electrical Installation Work