At Jacobs, we do not settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
Bring your expertise to our dynamic team as a
Senior Electrical Engineer who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing facilities
(remote position supporting our Portland, OR office).
You’ll oversee designer work, provide team technical leadership, perform quality reviews of design packages, and assist directly with the more complex portions of the design process. You will also interact directly with the client, owner, and contractors to assist construction. You and your team will work closely with client owners in a fast paced, dynamic environment to establish design requirements and produce construction documents. You’ll lead engineering and design oversight for facility power distribution systems, grounding, lighting, and low voltage communications systems in some of the most complex industrial facilities on the planet, including retrofit of existing building systems to meet the advancing technologies of today and tomorrow.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- At least 10 years of experience in engineering design of building electrical systems
- Solid working knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC)
’ll also have:
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Renewable Energy Engineering
- Semiconductor and/or Data Center/Mission Critical facilities electrical design experience
- Knowledge and experience with medium voltage protective relaying
- Working knowledge of SKM, Revit, AutoCAD, and Navisworks
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passion for buildings and construction
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ] .
- Architectural Drawing
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit