The Development & Construction Accounting department at FCOE is looking for an Accountant I to join their team. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and take ownership of NEER Master Data, DG Solar, Storage, and Sustainable Water projects by adding value through critical thinking and inter-personal skills.
An ideal candidate will be able to:
- Work closely with the Development, Engineering & Construction, Project Controlling, and Tax teams to ensure proper accounting treatment and compliance with policies
- Review master data accuracy for recording new assets such as WBS, company codes, profit and cost centers
- Ability to quickly establish priorities and meet all assigned deadlines related to the FCOE accounting close
- Prepare and present timely and accurate management reports
- Improve, develop, and implement new processes to manage the rapidly growing business
The most valuable skills for success in this role will be:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and explain complex problems and provide solutions
- Strong financial analysis and presentation skills
- Expertise in SAP and Excel
- Strong and flexible team player
- Highly organized and deadline driven individual
- Continuous process improvement mindset
Employees in this role assist in researching, analyzing and reporting on issues that affect the company, recommending possible solutions, and assisting with the follow-up activities to resolve them.Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepares financial reports in a timely manner that are in compliance with GAAP and accurately reflect the financial status of the company
• Assures accounting integrity of corporate financial data through the implementation of appropriate internal controls
• Independently prepares schedules and journal entries
• Keeps abreast of and applies GAAP, SEC regulations, and relative company policies, practices and procedures
• Performs other job-related duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
• Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance / Business
• Experience: 3+ years
• Master's - Business Administration
• Master's - Accounting / Finance
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [ Link removed ] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our [ Link removed ] for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
- Business Administration
- Continuous Production
- Critical Thinking