You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Engineers/Senior Engineers/Principal- HSE Design
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: ENGINEER - HSE DESIGN
- Perform inhouse consequence modeling calculations, QRA modelling and review third party Technical Safety reports.
- Provide HSE inputs like spacing, building locations, PFP requirement, blast requirement, flare sterile distance, stack / vent height, F&G mapping etc.
- Prepare HSE Case, Performance standards for SCE, fire and explosion study, QRA, ALARP demonstration reports.
- Provide inputs for developing HSE Design basis, Philosophies, Project specifications, P&IDs, Data sheets, layouts, design calculations, etc.
- Prepare/ Review fire water spray system, Sprinkler system, gas suppression system documents.
- Provide timely inputs to ensure completion of the design activities within the allotted hours and time
- Develop and monitor detailed activity plan for all assigned projects and keep control on hours and cost.
- Ensure the timely inputs to study consultants in line with the design developments to get the results in time.
- Visit the design centers and consultants’ office to expedite the HSE Design studies.
- Participating in cross-functional and inter-office meetings to provide HSE Design inputs to Engineering team.
- Coordinate with other disciplines, work center Engineers and ensure that the HSE requirements / study recommendations are implemented in the project design.
- Organize and participate in the meetings/ workshops such as HAZID, ENVID, HAZOP, SIL, PHSER, Bow-Tie, QRA/BRA, SCE PS, ALARP, HSE Case.
- Support the Construction and commissioning field queries with justification note and calculations.
- Maintain a cordial relationship with other disciplines / functions in various work centers, Consultants, Client to implement HSE Design requirement in the project.
- Produce calculations to support proposals.
- Prepare Inquiry / Purchase Requisitions, Technical Bid Evaluations for safety studies.
- Attend internal, Vendors, Subcontractors, Consultants and Client meetings.
- Proactively identify and mitigate technical risks during proposal / project stage.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Safety Study (QRA, consequence modelling) Engineer with experience in FEED/ Detailed Design for oil, gas, refinery, petrochemical, chemicals industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a minimum 3 years’ experience in risk & safety engineering. The experience shall be in Consultancy, FEED, EPC of oil, gas, refinery, or petrochemical industries.
- Fully conversant with software PHAST/ FRED, SAFETI, Bow-Tie, ExSilentia, MAROS, DETECT3D, Flaresi.
- Flexible Working
- Hazard And Operability Study
- Hazard Identification
Job ID: 069199